Author Topic: Shoulder injury  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Little John

Shoulder injury
« on: August 24, 2014, 06:06:02 pm »
I hurt my shoulder back in the spring while pulling a 62# bow without warming up or stretching. I thought well I will give it a few days to get over it, but it has been nagging ever since. Hurts to put on a shirt or raise my arm over head, can't draw an arrow from a back quiver, and have lost a lot of strength I guess from protecting it. The good news is that I can still shoot hunting weight bows and can do everything that does not require raising the arm too much. Does any one have these symptoms     kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Shoulder injury
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 11:02:07 am »
I have before,just took time with mine, I gave a few months rest,right AFTER hunting season that year ;) :) :) :) and it healed up fine. :) Lots of things can go wrong with your shoulders that may require medical attention but as for mine it healed on it own.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 01:43:57 pm »
Same here, I did it pulling an 80# compound, sounded like a stick snapping in my left shoulder. It healed on it's own after a while, but an Orthopedic Surgeon still wanted to operate on it. I never did.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 02:51:22 pm »
An orthopedic surgeon will always want to operate on it. That's his job.   :o
 Sorry to hear about your shoulder, Kenneth. At least you can still shoot that bull next Saturday morning.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PeteC

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 06:52:24 pm »
I know how you feel . Between years of baseball,rodeo,25 years of training horses for the public,and over 50 years of shooting bows and arrows,I have to be very careful how I warm up,and how many arrows I shoot.I'll have a bad day every now and then when a old dis-located shoulder acts up,or trouble with the rotater cuff in the other side,but, I have also made a commitment to not shoot any bow over 60 #s.Just take care of it,and hopefully you'll heal up. God Bless
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:58:48 pm by PeteC »
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline Little John

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 11:49:33 pm »
Thanks guys for the advice, hope it gets better. Surgery would be a last option.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell