Author Topic: Fishing.  (Read 5116 times)

Offline BowSlayer

Fishing.
« on: August 30, 2014, 07:50:13 pm »
so recently ive found ive spent more time fishing than i have making bows however im still working that yew stave Del gave me. so i was just wondering how many others on here acctualy fish and what for. im limited to canals but hope to do some sea fishing before the new year :). im also building a stitch and glue boat to go with an out board i have. sorry i havn't been round for a while :P
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Fishing.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 12:12:25 am »
If I lived in a country where I let them take my guns and couldn't hunt with a bow, I'd fish, too. ??? I fish whenever I'm not hunting, saltwater and freshwater. Let's see some pictures of the boat.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 03:02:37 am »
I'm lucky to live in one of the best fishing areas in the world. Right now sockeyes, cohos, and chinook salmon are running, but you can fish for cod, halibut, and other things all year round.
We 're going to hopefully get sockeyes tommorow, but I always bring my saw too! We'll be near one of my favourite yew spots

Offline bretto

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 10:07:12 am »
I'm just a muddy water Catfisherman. From 6" long to 60+ lbs if it's got time to stretch my line I got time to reel it in.

Been spending most of my time on the lakes catching Channel Cats this summer 1-6 lbs. on average.

Have wanted to target some big Blues on the river but water has been low and the Railroad has made it impossible to access some of the best holes without being socked with a trespassing charge.

bretto

Offline chamookman

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 02:06:06 pm »
Right now Bass & Walleyes are plentiful here in Michigan, but the Salmon are really going. Take Your pick - Kings, Silvers, Atlantics and Pinks - it's hot now, plus the Steelhead & Browns.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 02:22:04 pm »
I go through some hard fishing times, followed by not so much. It has been really hot, and I hate hot. I generally fish about 3 days a week. We have a lot of little ponds close by that are chock full of all types of fish.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline wildman

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 09:51:12 pm »
Why choose do both!!!!!! my favorite rod is a Bear Grizzly and AMS reel Innerlock hooks errrr grapple points I mean. Best part is I never dig bait and they have no choice but to bite. Second best part I'm fishing and practicing all kinds of crazy shot angles.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Zuma

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 11:46:22 am »
Heck wildman,
I get those kinda fish to jump in my boat. lol
They must be fun on the end of an arrow.
Here is a big fresh water fish. Lake Texoma if
I remember correctly.
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline wildman

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 02:55:30 pm »
Zuma, these are Bigheads they won't jump ( unless they have been impaled)  >:D We have silvers here too, they will beat a boat apart. They hurt a few people here every summer. I shot two last week about the size in that pic you posted, of course I was by myself and they got off right at the boat ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bowslayer, I know you can't bow hunt across the pond, but what do the rules say about poking the Queens carp?
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 07:27:55 pm »
Zuma, these are Bigheads they won't jump ( unless they have been impaled)  >:D We have silvers here too, they will beat a boat apart. They hurt a few people here every summer. I shot two last week about the size in that pic you posted, of course I was by myself and they got off right at the boat ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bowslayer, I know you can't bow hunt across the pond, but what do the rules say about poking the Queens carp?

I think if it is in a canal and you have permission from the owner of that stretch you can take what you catch. I know a place on a canal that is good for carp, pike, perch.... all sorts. my boat is nearly done, just needs some paint. ill have some pics up ASAP.

Nice fish guys!
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 08:07:25 pm »
One of the +'s in our move from northern IL to MO is the close avail of good smallie fishing.  I'm also becoming a creek fisherman because of the variety of fishes I can have fun with.
One of the -'s of our move is having to begin over in making contacts with the local pond owners.
Michael
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 11:58:42 pm »
I grew up fishing the St Lawrence river. Since I moved I fish cayuga lake and surrounding areas. Ain't nothing like fishing back home :0/
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline 1442

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 01:59:36 am »
Fishing is my all time favorite thing to do.
I've made stone hooks and caught fish with them

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 03:06:14 pm »
that's one cool hook!
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 11:15:15 pm »
I need some of those!  >:D
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.