Author Topic: Bone Head Arrows  (Read 10560 times)

PK

Bone Head Arrows
« on: January 09, 2008, 01:26:59 am »
Just finished these Bone head bamboo Arrows.
Wanted to make the noks all of horn but decided to have variety.
one is just Bamboo with a Bamboo insert in the notch, another is a plastic nok and the final is black horn with a 2" Bamboo support. All 3 Arrows are fletched with Turkey feathers.The Points are Cow bone from the Market, wrapped with Artificial Sinew.
Finished  the Arrows with Amber Shelac.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Bone Head Arrows
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 07:52:09 am »
Cool looking arrows PK.Nice job.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

PK

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 05:45:06 pm »
Cool looking arrows PK.Nice job.
   Pappy
Thanks, I did not realize that bone could get so sharp.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 06:09:19 pm »
Like the arra's, look good! Like them bone points too but couldn't use em here, they all have barbs. cool lookin none the less :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 09:25:08 pm »
Good looking arrows. That middle one looks like it would be right at home stuck through a Papuan tribesman.  :o
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 09:56:31 pm »
   You did those arrows real proud PK. I believe bone points were used more than everybody thinks by primitive man.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 10:17:01 pm »
I had to read twice, I thought you made me some new points. Then I realized it doesn't say Bone Head's Points.  LOL
Great looking points PK, I think you should go stick them into something. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Strongbow88

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 12:03:21 am »
Nice point and nice arrows. Do they shoot well with such short feathers.
Danny Johnson

PK

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 12:22:20 am »
I had to read twice, I thought you made me some new points. Then I realized it doesn't say Bone Head's Points.  LOL
Great looking points PK, I think you should go stick them into something. Justin
Man, they are hard to pull out I got to drill backwards, But they did not break, I shot one int  a 1/4 Ply just to test and wala went through the back about an inch.
Bone is harder than I thought also.

PK

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 12:24:19 am »
Like the arra's, look good! Like them bone points too but couldn't use em here, they all have barbs. cool lookin none the less :).
I just made them To Hang on my wall actually, But I just had to try them on my cardboard and 1/4 ply.

PK

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 12:26:48 am »
Good looking arrows. That middle one looks like it would be right at home stuck through a Papuan tribesman.  :o
Look at the third one It looks like the side view of What was that guys name, the one from Planet of the apes, oh yea Roddy Mc donnel,Dowel, Gourd head, not sure of the spelling. Now I know what Barbs are.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 01:16:37 am by PK »

Glenn R.

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 02:43:41 pm »
PK, those are great looking arrows, yours pics. may have answered one of my prevoius Q's----your cane looks a lot different from what I was using.

PK

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 03:46:18 pm »
PK, those are great looking arrows, yours pics. may have answered one of my prevoius Q's----your cane looks a lot different from what I was using.
I bought the boo at the hardware store and sanded the nodes down then heated the joints to streangthen them then scaped and sanded untill they felt like they would flex a bit. the work pretty good with my 50# silk back with no cutout. cant hunt with them though they are just for my wall untill I put unbarbed heads on them.
never worked with bone before so there ya go.

PK

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 03:54:01 pm »
Sure shredded my target with these thins,Think I'll Make narrower un-barbed heads and post them then, put them on display were I got 2 bows for sale
Sure has been raining a lot,Like my Hobby Bows and Arrows and Art, making money is the hard part.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008, 08:23:28 pm »
PK be careful sanding the nodes down, you can seriously weaken the shaft if ya go to far. :o
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI