Author Topic: Game of inches  (Read 1297 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Game of inches
« on: October 18, 2014, 04:57:26 pm »
I saw this video on TG and thought I would post it here.  I checked with some Mods first to get the OK.   Its a very well produced video of two deer hunters, one using trad gear and one using modern.  It shows the different views of each hunter.  There is some good footage and music in it.  It shows a slow motion trad shot on a doe in HD.  I really liked the message at the end.  Its 20 minutes long but well worth watching it all.

http://vimeo.com/93316112
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Game of inches
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 08:09:01 pm »
"Man, the hunter, has ever been present throughout our history. Hunting in essence has always been a part of who we are. A private exchange between hunted and hunter*. But, seemingly, like all things we hold sacred, the landscape has changed.  There is now an empire built around our season. With every form of media contributing to a commercial craze that has transformed our sport.  Forgotten is the respect and reverence with which we once viewed our quarry. As it is starting to be replaced with a competition between the hunters for their share of the ever expanding spotlight. The private nature of the hunt is slowly giving away...dividing our once unified tribe into a number of fragmented camps."

That's the opening introduction of this excellent 20 minute video.  The message is pretty simple and very powerful.

*Emphasis added by me.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bowsandroses

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 02:42:17 am »
great video thanks for sharing 8)
My two cents worth of wisdom
One who seeks solitude will find their inner spirit.

A man who speaks to critters is a man with an audience who listens
                                              Hugh Ridenour

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 09:51:54 am »
Good video. I rarely ever watch video links, this was worth it. Still doesn't mean I approve of that cross-gun Yoder :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.