Author Topic: Bowyer's Bible.  (Read 7846 times)

Offline Joec123able

Re: Bowyer's Bible.
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 01:40:15 pm »
I've never read it but I see nothing wrong with coming here to ask questions if you get stuck
I like osage

Offline burtonridr

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 03:11:43 pm »
Ok, I will go and get the book :P
Offgrid mtn living

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 04:31:52 pm »
I gave away Volume 1, but had them all. I go to Volume 2 more then any of them.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DC

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 04:40:15 pm »
When you first get the book put a layer of good plastic tape around the edge of the cover. Otherwise the plastic coating on the cover starts to peel off after you open it a couple of thousand times. ;)

Offline jayman448

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 02:54:48 am »
I have no tools, no work area, and no available wood. still my passion lays in bow building. I was working minimum wage at a coffee shop. every paycheck id buy another bowiers bible books. they r fantastic. I committed the sin of grabbing a board and produced a shootable bow first try with the help of these books (and countless hours on youtube before hand) get the books. just get em !

I hope you don`t mean that board bows are sins..... I only build board bows and there great.... ;)

About the TBB, I have only vol. 1-2 and I haven`t read all of them (English is not my native tongue) but the info in those book is invaluable.

heck no. I think a bow is a bow. some people" as the books state" believe board bows are inferior. I personally have no biases. got to admit tho it is a little cooler to do it from scratch  ;)

Offline Comancheria

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 12:30:29 pm »
I now have all four volumes and am picking through them (mainly 1 and 4), in chronological order of the process one follows--starting with wood selection and curimg--same with sinew.  From the perspective of a beginner (I hate the word "newbie"--it sounds like some sort of mental disorder), Volumes 1 and 4 are definitely the most helpful.

But Yesterday, I recieved "The Bent Stick" and am reading it cover to cover.  It is the most basic in approach--defines everything!

Best regards,

Russ
When sinew-backed Live Oak flatbows with Agave-fiber strings shooting arrows made from river cane are outlawed, only outlaws will have sinew-backed Live Oak flatbows with Agave-fiber strings shooting arrows made from river cane!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 02:51:02 pm »
Russ, you will find #4 to be an update for the info in #1 with a few other tidbits thrown in.
 The Bent Stick is a great resource for whitewood bows.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 07:13:10 am »
Yep ,liked the bent stick also,very basic great for those starting out,it was really great when i started as with several on here,before there was an On here. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 09:24:17 am »
The TBB volume are outstanding couple them with The Bent Stick and you have a great books. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!