Author Topic: fish tacos  (Read 8037 times)

Offline bubby

fish tacos
« on: November 11, 2014, 02:24:24 pm »
this might be a California thing but I love fish tacos, normally I like serf perch but ANY fish that's not real oily will work you want a clean tasting fish,
I like a simple beer batter or sometimes I'll just get a bag of the Cajun cornmeal and then deep fry it
then I make a sauce 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain, 1/2 cup mayo, a diced jalapeno or pablano pepper and 1/2 tsp of each of oregano, cumin, and dill, and a tsp cayenne add some lime juice to thin it up to the consistency you want, chop up some cabbage warm up some corn tacos or fry them however you like, add the fish, cabbage and sauce then squeeze a little lime juice on it and go to town, just keep it simple and they are the best
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline mhof86

Re: fish tacos
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 06:40:43 pm »
Its not just a California thing. I am addicted as well. I cook them almost exactly the same except for the fish. I just throw them in a little olive oil with some lime juice and cajun seasoning.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 04:48:21 am »
Make 'Em here in Mid-Michigan too Bub. 'Cept I use Walleye and flour tortillas - good stuff ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline mhof86

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 06:10:24 am »
Michigan fish taco lovers unite! Lol Chamookman your about 1hr20min away I live just south of Dundee.

Offline bubby

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 11:30:12 am »
Bob I've only had walleye once and if we had it out here I'd damn sure use it,, great tasting fish
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Stoker

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 06:45:45 pm »
Pike and walleye north of the 49th.... Good eats
Thanks leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 07:28:40 pm »
I'll jump on that Michigan fish taco wagon any day!! I live on the west side of the state, but grew up on the east side. Just can't live without some walleye, or perch in my life! And I'll put just about anything inside a corn tortilla! YUMMY!!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 09:31:22 am »
Fish tacos rule down here (Fla) I catch a lot of trout ,red fish and mullet. Fried ,grilled or blackened. peppers onions and maters ,lettuce or spinich a splash of hot sauce and down the hatch
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline chamookman

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 05:14:00 am »
Bone Pile - Used to be able to get Grouper for Costa Rico pretty cheap - love it ! Trouble now tho, the price tripled for some reason  :o :o! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline JEB

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 09:22:21 am »
Wife and I have our family favorite fish taco place here in Muskegon.   Mostly during lent. Will have to a make some using perch.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 11:05:22 am »
We have a locally owned restaurant here that serves blackened tilapia tacos and they are the bomb.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline autologus

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 09:28:51 am »
I love some fish tacos, almost as good as bacon, almost. ;)

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.