Author Topic: 18th Annual Tennessee Classic 2015  (Read 156802 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 18th Annual Tennessee Classic 2015
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2015, 08:39:01 am »
Little over 5 weeks, man this is closing in on me fast, I better get to work.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2015, 10:04:12 am »
Pappy good news
My younger brother talked work out of an extra day so you should see the three of us roll in Thursday Eve. instead of Friday
My older brother said now if we could just get the other brother to go all us boys could be together on a camp out ,just like old times, I told him that is unlikely but give it a try

any way be good to see y'all
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2015, 11:38:38 am »
Like usual life comes up, so now I don't know if its in the cards. We'll see  :'(lol
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2015, 02:46:02 pm »
Like usual life comes up, so now I don't know if its in the cards. We'll see  :'(lol

You will be missed if you don't make it.  Tell life to take a hike and come anyway man!

OneBow

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2015, 03:09:31 pm »
Mostly it's the gass money. I got the time. But getting married apparently killed my tax return.

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2015, 03:38:34 pm »
What is the best area to camp that is relatively quiet at night?  Trying to make my wife's first experience as positive as possible.  Thanks!   ;) :D
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2015, 03:59:58 pm »
Its usually pretty quiet in the camping area by 10 pm. Not so much around the bow building shed and knapping pit.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2015, 05:54:49 pm »
I got a bunch of Osage I'm gonna try selling some to make some money for the trip. We'll see, where could I try? eBay?

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2015, 06:32:47 pm »
Well I posted a couple staves in various places. If anyone is interested I could point ya that way. PM me

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2015, 01:50:57 am »
Well I think I may be able to finagle my way into the Classic this year. Just got back from OJAM and talked to the wifee poo about taking a bachelor trip in a few weeks and she said I could get the kitchen pass. We took everything but the kitchen sink when I took her and I think I will travel light this time. Cot, buffalo rug, pop up canopy and my cooler full of canned pork chops.  >:D
Oh and of course a bow or two. Maybe even a roughed out stave that I can finish off there as well. I will keep ya'll posted as it gets close. Unless something comes up I will be there. Wouldn't be bad if I can get a tag teamer to ride up. Talked to JonW at OJAM and he might be able to go. I was a little foggy a few nights and can't remember some of what we talked about ;D so I better double check with him to see if he can get off. I suppose if there is anyone in this neck of the woods that wants to double up the drive, I'm in southern Kansas just off the Ok border so lemme know.
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2015, 05:43:32 am »
Hope it works out Blaflair,  JohnW usually makes it, hope he can again this year along with you sidewinder. PA Hunter it is usually pretty quite up top also. :) I try to keep it as calm as possible in the camping areas, like Pat said not so much up at the napping pit/bow area. Nothing out of hand just lots of loud talking/laughing saws running and rock breaking.  ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2015, 09:07:47 am »
Im looking for a ride/partner to ride down with...Anyone coming thru Pittsburgh on weds or thurs that wants to pick my sorry arrogant rearend up would be awesome...I can't do it solo this year. If I can't hook up with someone I prob won't make it.  :-\

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2015, 09:49:58 am »
Sidewinder,  I'm up in springfield, MO area. I'm headed to the classic myself. Going solo right now but maybe with one or possibly 2 undecided guys. Got a 4 door truck with a bed lid should have plenty of room. That is if you want to make it to springfield Thursday evening. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2015, 10:31:04 am »
I'll be coming solo also. Bob McMinn's wife has a surgery scheduled at that time. I should be there on Tuesday by noon.  Chris, if you want to meet me in Asheville Tuesday morning you can ride with me.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2015, 10:39:36 am »
Mostly it's the gass money. I got the time. But getting married apparently killed my tax return.
... Same here....we ended up filing married but seperate....put an additional $1400 in my pocket 👍 and completely legal..... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....