Author Topic: 18th Annual Tennessee Classic 2015  (Read 156840 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 18th Annual Tennessee Classic 2015
« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2015, 05:38:51 am »
That's great Greg, got you some wood stacked in you spot already. :) If it is more than you need you can share. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2015, 11:02:01 pm »
Got my roll dog for the trip lined up today. Mike Miller is going for sure and he's calling Jimmy in the morning to see if its 3. All we need is a 30x30 spot somewhere near the action. Tell us what kind of meat and how much we should bring. We got plenty. Pork, bambi, angus, or coon.
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2015, 11:06:47 pm »
Thanks Pappy, that will lighten my load for the trip down if I don't have to bring firewood. You guys are the best. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2015, 11:25:14 pm »
Greg, don't forget that you will be hauling some firewood back to Cody  ;)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2015, 12:59:25 am »
Hey guys leave me a little spot :laugh: I will be rolling in late Thursday night / early Friday morning. Might have a couple others with me to. Don't need much, just a place to pitch a tent and maybe room for some cooking utensils. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline sleek

« Reply #200 on: March 28, 2015, 03:52:30 pm »
Pappy, any word on room for a vendor?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline CJDore

« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2015, 02:57:27 pm »
Sorry about that Blaflair, maybe next year. Chris you we can't do with out you  hope you can find a ride  :) CJDore Not sure what you plan on building, there are plenty of staves there to buy or trade for also along with strains/material to make strings and leather, bring what you want or have or you can get it there, any wood that will make a bow is fine. We have concession running Friday morning through Sunday with breakfast and lunch. Before that you are on your own.  :) You should also know, not sure some new folks do that this is a Traditional archery shoot going on with bow building thrown in the mix, so making bows is not nearly all that is going on so you will want to bring a bow and some arrows also. :) About a month away.
   Pappy

Pappy thanks for the reply. I am new to the archery sport and do not currently have a primitive bow. I was hoping to craft one at this event and shoot it by Sunday. Hope to meet you and see everyone there. BTW....I would like to craft a bow like this one......

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg233/KsDanny/OJAM%202015/20150316_175124_resized.jpg
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:07:07 pm by CJDore »

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2015, 04:12:06 pm »
CJ, if you can't find a way to work on a bow there, YOU JUST AIN'T TRYIN'!

Between the shop space, tools and materials, and amazingly patient expert guidance, it's a no-brainer.  Have fun, have a lot of fun!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2015, 07:30:56 pm »
CJ, if you can't find a way to work on a bow there, YOU JUST AIN'T TRYIN'!

Between the shop space, tools and materials, and amazingly patient expert guidance, it's a no-brainer.  Have fun, have a lot of fun!

+1

Ok it's set I will be there late Thursday night midnight or after probably. Some mark me a tent sight please! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2015, 10:48:52 pm »
There was talk of it last year but it never got off the ground.  If people want to I was thinking about doing a Trade Blanket on Saturday afternoon at 2 till 3.  One hour long.   :) be sure to buy a burger and a drink when you visit the Swap  ;)  If the weather is good it will be somewhere over in the grass area on the left as you come down the drive.  If it's raining, under the covered area on the picnic tables  I'll get a sign posted up if folks want to do it.  About all that's needed is a place and a time.  Bring something to trade and a blanket if you have several items, or walk around with your one time in hand a swap as you can. 

Just an idea I was kicking around.   
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2015, 05:07:52 am »
Sounding good, got another call from central PA seem there is 2 more coming from there, meeting some friends from New Jersey and Columbus OH. and caravanning down. Chris with all the folks from PA. coming we are sure looking for you. ;) :) Just get a sign that says going to the Classic and get out on the road, ??? problem solved. :) Jon sounds like a good idea always wanted to do that, seems people like it but never had the time. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2015, 07:47:30 am »
Great idea Jon!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2015, 08:16:01 am »
Sleek ,remind me again on what you are selling and how big a spot you need, getting old and have a lot on my mind right now so I tend to forget. I am really full but may be able to squeeze in one more. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #208 on: March 30, 2015, 07:47:06 pm »
A trade blanket is a great idea. What are the rules gonna be...Just trading or is selling ok?
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #209 on: March 30, 2015, 10:28:11 pm »
Really looking like I'm going to make it this year. Like Patrick it will probably be late Thursday night but better than nothin. I don't know if the kids are coming with me or not. I may try and travel on the cheap and kids are expensive pets. Plus you all in the concession stand kept feeding my daughter soda and candy when I wasn't looking. >:D
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley