Author Topic: 18th Annual Tennessee Classic 2015  (Read 156800 times)

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
Re: 18th Annual Tennessee Classic 2015
« Reply #360 on: April 27, 2015, 08:40:28 pm »
Heyo!

So I'm coming up from Nashville Wednesday morning but I had a couple more questions about what I'd need/costs/etc. just so I can clear the budget with my better half. : )

1) First off, how much is it to build a bow? I didn't see any set prices for those awesome looking blanks so I was just curious. Also does that cover stringing it too or just the bow and use of a table?

2) I know it's $20 to shoot, is that for the entire weekend or is that each time through the course is $20?

3) Just so I know what to pack is there a community grill accessible there or should I bring one?

4) Again, just so I know, is there a shower anywhere near the club? It's not a big deal but since I'm going to be up there for like 5 days I figure I might want to not smell like a foot ALL weekend.

5) I've got some money set aside for the shoot and to (hopefully) build a bow, is there anything else I need to budget for as a cost aside from food/gas/etc?

I know some of these are dumb questions but this is my first trip camping at the classic and I figured instead of being a COMPLETE rookie I'd quadruple check everything (and still probably forget something)

If there's anything I'm missing or any good do's/don'ts I'm all ears. Thanks again!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #361 on: April 27, 2015, 09:48:15 pm »
Tic toc tic toc... leaving Wednesday night and driving all night to get there Thursday morning.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Stringman

« Reply #362 on: April 27, 2015, 10:03:46 pm »
Let me see if I can help...

1Bow blanks I've seen range from $50-$150.

2There's several ranges and the $20 gets you a score card on the 2 main ranges. Also a practice range that's free and target butts set up for anytime shooting.

3Bring your grill or hang out at someone else's fire. More than likely you will find yourself pulled into a neighbors camp and all you'll need is food and beverage.

4There's a shower tent setup for all to use. I've never had a cold shower, but you might have to wait your turn.

5There have been some incredible donations posted already, so if you have extra money you might feel like dropping some tickets in the cans you are drooling over.

More to consider- they open concessions on Friday so if you are missing a meal or drink they will have ya covered. Lots of vendors with plenty of primitive archery gear, so if you are needing it, just look around. There's no better people on the planet than what you'll find in the twin oaks hollow. Worse comes to worse, there's a Walmart close.

Come on Wednesday!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #363 on: April 27, 2015, 10:58:26 pm »
You will not only get a stave and a bench with the cost of the Selfbow Challenge but you will have help from some of the best wood bow builders in the country and you get to compete for trophies with others in the Selfbow Challenge on Sunday. You still have to pay the $20 for a score card but you'll have plenty of opportunities to shoot.
 I think Pappy has hickory staves there and there will be plenty of guys selling, trading or giving away all kind of bow wood. Lots of osage especially.
 All the money collected from the raffle table goes to Twin Oak Bowhunters and helps to support the Tennessee Classic. Once you get there you will see this will be a bargain for a 5 day vacation.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #364 on: April 27, 2015, 11:05:21 pm »
Oh yeah, I'll be leaving in the morning. Should be at Twin Oaks by noon or a little after. See ya there!   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #365 on: April 28, 2015, 07:39:54 am »
We took my mother inlaw to the hospital last night so maybe I'm coming and maybe not
Should find out more tonight
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline RyanY

« Reply #366 on: April 28, 2015, 01:41:18 pm »
Decided I won't be able to make it. Can't miss the studying time unfortunately.  :'( Hope everyone has a great time though! Make a bow for me!  ;D

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #367 on: April 28, 2015, 04:49:16 pm »
Decided I won't be able to make it. Can't miss the studying time unfortunately.  :'( Hope everyone has a great time though! Make a bow for me!  ;D

You will be missed!

OneBow

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #368 on: April 28, 2015, 07:07:24 pm »
So much to do/see/meet .... am sure there won't be nuff time!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline rover brewer

« Reply #369 on: April 28, 2015, 08:37:15 pm »
need a little help, I plan on joining in on the pot luck dinner sat. night how do we reheat like if I bring a crock pot can it be hooked up or will I need to reheat by camp fire. planning a big pot of chili .
john 3:16

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #370 on: April 28, 2015, 08:58:53 pm »
Leaving in the morning and should roll in late afternoon tomorrow, see you all soon. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #371 on: April 28, 2015, 09:28:08 pm »
Wife says her mom will be ok so go on an go !
be there a bout that yime too Greg !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #372 on: April 28, 2015, 09:49:37 pm »
Only ten more hours of work and I'm out of herr. My daughter Marley is excited to see her friends again and so am i. I'll be bringing our own soda and candy so there won't be a need to feed my kids super and caffeine all day okay! ;)
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #373 on: April 28, 2015, 10:25:18 pm »
We should arrive just in time to sound reveille Thu morning.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #374 on: April 28, 2015, 11:00:58 pm »
Camping gear is packed! Getting on the road early tomorrow morning. Looking forward to meeting y'all.