Author Topic: Bambboo backed bow  (Read 11478 times)

Offline uwe

Re: Bambboo backed bow
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 01:49:11 pm »
Thanks for your comments. I used a german glue called "Bindan Propellerleim". Its waterproofed and the name says, that props of aeroplanes are glued with it.
I read in Germany that some bowyers use it. Another good german glue is "Ponal blau". I have used this too, but the propglue seemed to be a little stronger by name. So I used it. I think that this bow needs a strong glue, because of its highly stressed construction.

Offline Ekwos

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2008, 04:13:15 pm »
Hello,Uwe. Wonderful bow,should I say"As usual?" People,this man does some lovely bow work.
I've seen the pictures.Lot of N.A.style bows with beautiful decorations.He and his wife are active shooters.I have been trying to get some sinew to him from Canada and it seems to be very problematic.Do any of you know a way? Ekwos. (Eppo)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2008, 08:22:42 am »
Very nice job on that one,Beautiful bow and the tiller look great.Like the arrows also. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline uwe

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2008, 02:27:39 pm »
@Ekwos: nice to meet you here! I have seen your bow in the last mag. as BOM. Nice work done too. I know the step by step of it, as you send me the pics.
I ll hope, there will be a way for the tendons to come over.

Offline b.bowyer

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2008, 08:01:50 pm »
Hello,Uwe, you made a nice bow.
Could you give the address of the makers and the full name of that "bindan propellerleim" ? Smooth-on here in Belgium is very expensive and I would like to find something more affordable. Do you know if you can glue wood and fiberglass with it ass I would like to use it for allwood  and wood- fiberglass too. Thanks.

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2008, 09:02:36 pm »
Very nice job on the arrow, the bow is also spectacular.
VB

Offline uwe

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 01:23:47 pm »
Hello,Uwe, you made a nice bow.
Could you give the address of the makers and the full name of that "bindan propellerleim" ? Smooth-on here in Belgium is very expensive and I would like to find something more affordable. Do you know if you can glue wood and fiberglass with it ass I would like to use it for allwood  and wood- fiberglass too. Thanks.
[/quot

Yes, why not! Differnt possibilities. I`ve got it at Ebay`s. There is another shop called "Toplicht" in the www. Equipment for classis ships and yachts. adress in Hamburg:Toplicht GmbH, Friesenweg 4, 22763 Hamburg, Tel.: +49 40 88 90 10-0. e- mail: toplicht@toplicht.de.
Otherwise "Google" gives a lot of info.
Hope it helps!

Offline b.bowyer

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2008, 08:17:51 am »
Thanks  , Uwe.

Offline uwe

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2008, 04:05:14 pm »
Yesterday I took a look at ebays Germany. "Bindan Propellerleim" was not found, but as I only searched for "Bindan" I`d found what I wanted: 1 Kilo (?) for 10,??Euro plus postage.