Author Topic: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress  (Read 353275 times)

Offline hunterbob

Re: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress
« Reply #1170 on: September 06, 2015, 06:25:06 am »
I am not that sure about a bad dealings sticky.  I think it would just lead to bad feelings and maybe some premature and unfair judgements.  I still have a trade outstanding that I sent out several months ago.  It still think the guy is a straight up guy and will come through at some point.  I don't think that calling him out would be helpful for anyone, or for the tone of this forum, which is generally positive. 

Same goes for the bow trade.  Keep a list of deadbeats that can be passed on, but let's focus on the 80% that went well.

And Patrick totally deserves to get a really nice bow.  Some of you offered to square me away if it didn't work out for me--I think it would be very nice if someone could set him up instead.  That was maybe the nicest bow of the trade he gave away (except  for the one I got, of course).
yes Patrick better receive a great bow for the one he made and shipper out. If he doesn't I have a feeling someone will step up and if they don't I am going to get busy and make him one myself.
Thanks again Patrick . I know I feel like I got the best bow this year. I cant stop shooting it. And you poured your heart and soul into the fury. And you deserve the same out of your guy also.

Offline DuBois

« Reply #1171 on: September 06, 2015, 07:04:33 am »
I manned up and let my sender know the issues I had with his bow.  Otherwise the message will get out that you can do a lackluster job and it's okay. I checked out some of the bows he posted in the past and this was below his standard. Id rather not mention who it is for the exact reason that I don't want to ruin somebody's reputation on the site. Hopefully he'll get the idea to put a better effort in next year.  I dont want somebody else to make me a make up bow or anything like that, thats not what it is about. I want a decent effort from whoever signed up and committed to the trade.   

Instead of a middleman, why not a no ship policy until Aug 15th at which point pics of the finished bows would be sent in and you woukd get a shipping confirmation  from the organizer. Anybody who doesnt make the deadline doesnt get a bow, and anybody whose shipper didnt come through gets matched up which one that is close to their specs as possible. You would still make a bow for a specific person, but there just would be some juggling by the organizers at the shipping date to make sure you get a bow as close to your stated specs as possible.

I like this idea. Honestly, I haven't read through all the discussion but this seems straight forward and simple to maintain.
Also, rather than being in a race to be done first, it would relax things a bit and if the more experienced guys get done sooner they could lend advice to the rest in the process.
Y'all keep it simple, keep it civil.
Doobs  ;)

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #1172 on: September 06, 2015, 09:33:06 am »
You know, I read that a few times and I cant make out if you ( jeff ) need help with making or receiving a bow. Whick confuses me even more because I thought you had done both. If your lacking a bow let me know.

Pat, thanks for the help on the feathers. Retarded situation I know, but I find myself in it. Ill get you back next weekend.

Sleek, I both made and received a bow, but there was a delay - probably because it came from overseas. In between there was some question and a couple of people offered to make one for me. In the end that wasn't necessary.

Pat- someday I may need to trade for some Osage. I'll let you know-you do live in that part of the country, don't you?

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #1173 on: September 06, 2015, 12:12:46 pm »
Absolutely Jeff, just let me know when. I literally drive by Osage trees on a daily basis. Do you need me to send some with the feathers? Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #1174 on: September 06, 2015, 03:14:19 pm »
That's not necessary, but thanks for offering. I would love to set up a trade at some point, though.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1175 on: September 06, 2015, 11:12:42 pm »
For everybody that wants "Dead Beats" names posted for everybody to read, it will not happen. These trades are on whomever feels like starting them. I have a list for the last three years of whiners and people that are late everytime and No Shows. All you have to do is PM me. And the organizers can send me the names and I will add them to the list.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sleek

« Reply #1176 on: September 06, 2015, 11:52:02 pm »
Well, all I need to know is this. KellyG, are you able to come through on this bow or are you starting over? Let us know please, no shame. But it looks like either jojo or Patrick is getting screwed and I need to start on a bow for one of them or both. Please let me know.

Well add mo-coon catcher to that, didnt realize he hadnt recieved. So I need to know for sure so make up bows can be made and sent.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:54:52 am by sleek »
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #1177 on: September 07, 2015, 12:05:05 am »
The answer for me is a simple one for the dead beats. Their name will be sent to Bad Archery Traders of the world on Facebook. The page runners there will distribute their names and Pseudonyms to all archery related trade pages on Facebook. They will officially be hobbled until they make good on their end of the deal. Still no word from Huisme. Tomorrow I'll call until I talk to him or his mom gets tired of me calling. Kid gloves are about to come off!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1178 on: September 07, 2015, 10:43:13 am »
That's what I do, Joe. I had to threaten to get on a plane and knock on a Dead beat's door to get a Bear collectable he owed me, once. Got it a few days later. As far as printing the names, we can't. That's one of the agreements Primitive Archer stipulated. If I have the names you can PM me and I'll tell you, though.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sleek

« Reply #1179 on: September 07, 2015, 10:51:12 am »
Mullet, your welcome any time at my place but good Lord thats s nocking I wouldn't want at my door!

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #1180 on: September 07, 2015, 11:02:58 am »
Wow!
You go hunting for 10 days and the place blows up. I have had no real cell service for the last 10 days so hence the lack of communication. I have seen the bow that huisme is calling the trade bow and it is finished, I am not sure what it has not shipped. Granted the bow was not posted here, but a little facebook stalking turned up what he was calling his trade bow.

I have asked rencacs to forward the bow he received from duke to sleek, but he is out of his state so he was going to have one of his family member do it for him.

Offline sleek

« Reply #1181 on: September 07, 2015, 11:06:34 am »
Well thanks steelslinger. Honestly I had given up on that.  Its either way now. Thanks for trying to get stuff done.  Id sure like to see huisme ship his bow, it would restore faith.

Offline pincushin

« Reply #1182 on: September 07, 2015, 12:33:35 pm »
Well for what it's worth I had a good experience. The bow I got I will treasure forever just like the one I got last year KellyG hasn't told me what he thought of my bow.... I still don't know if he has seen it yet... But it was the best primitive bow I've built to date. That's why the trade should stay open because it allows young bow makers like me to push ourselves to make the best bows we can. If the trade become invite only quiet guys like me could that don't have a lot of notability on the site wouldn't be included. Last year was my first trade I was not let in when I first asked gun doc vouched for me from the grace of his heart so I was let in and made tatto Dave a cool shortie and got a yew elb from duspachoscristos (I know that is probbly misspelled)but it let be part of a community here so if there is no trade next year that will really stink because i won't have to try and make my very best and top everything I've made before.

Offline sleek

« Reply #1183 on: September 07, 2015, 12:41:26 pm »
Pin, glad you got in and its nice to have you as a participating member in the community.  There will be a trade next year, if not, I will trade with you, if you think I make anything worth having that is....

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #1184 on: September 07, 2015, 12:50:32 pm »
Pin, if for some reason the trade dosent work out next year. I'll definitely trade with you. All I need is stats and an address.

Just let me know Jeff!

Mullet, you are welcome at my house any time as well. I think the bad trade post idea was a way for some of us to express our frustrations.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!