Author Topic: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress  (Read 350695 times)

Offline E. Jensen

Re: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade works in progress
« Reply #840 on: August 17, 2015, 01:27:56 pm »
E. Jensen has shipped

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #841 on: August 17, 2015, 02:56:05 pm »
Any Updates on the others? I will ship tomorrow. Working till 5 everyday is a bummer. But, what can you do? Onward and upward!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #842 on: August 17, 2015, 03:22:52 pm »
Kinda' odd katt hasn't shipped. That dude usually had his done the next day. Makes me wonder if something is array.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

« Reply #843 on: August 17, 2015, 04:37:46 pm »
I know what you mean pearls but i think last year he was working out of town and was close to the deadline
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #844 on: August 17, 2015, 04:44:48 pm »
He messaged me, its all on the up and up!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline bubby

« Reply #845 on: August 17, 2015, 05:47:02 pm »
Didn't think it wasn't just concerned something might have happened to him
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline JonW

« Reply #846 on: August 17, 2015, 06:24:46 pm »
WINNER! WINNER!  Ok guys I got an awesome Boo bow from Randy (Gaur). Randy what a stunner! I will get some pics of this bad boy up after I shoot it some when the temp cools off some. Thanks Randy!!

Offline KellyG

« Reply #847 on: August 17, 2015, 06:37:07 pm »
Sorry folks I have not gotten mine done yet. I am working on it. The tiller is better I need to hit it with heat still to move the tips and get the belly nice and toasted again. I do my work out side so It will not get done today it is raining.

I get that done asap and work on the handle and tips. I have a big bull snake skin to put on it. this guy was almost 6 foot (road kill, I cant bring myself to take on just for its skin). Sorry for being that guy.

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #848 on: August 17, 2015, 06:44:08 pm »
sounds like it will be worth the wait.  Stuff happens.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #849 on: August 17, 2015, 07:09:31 pm »
WINNER! WINNER!  Ok guys I got an awesome Boo bow from Randy (Gaur). Randy what a stunner! I will get some pics of this bad boy up after I shoot it some when the temp cools off some. Thanks Randy!!

John, check the address, I think it's supposed to go to Battlefield mo!

Dang can't wait to see it in person next time we get a chance to meet up! Congrats! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #850 on: August 17, 2015, 07:11:15 pm »
Sorry folks I have not gotten mine done yet. I am working on it. The tiller is better I need to hit it with heat still to move the tips and get the belly nice and toasted again. I do my work out side so It will not get done today it is raining.

I get that done asap and work on the handle and tips. I have a big bull snake skin to put on it. this guy was almost 6 foot (road kill, I cant bring myself to take on just for its skin). Sorry for being that guy.

Don't worry Kelly, I would rather wait than except something that you was not happy sending just because of a deadline. Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Gaur

« Reply #851 on: August 17, 2015, 07:55:45 pm »
Glad you got the bow Jon W
I've seen you make a lot of Osage so I thought I'd do something different for you
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #852 on: August 17, 2015, 09:10:59 pm »
Ok, first of all I have sorry for not checking in in so long. An unexpected move and a new job that started about the same time this trade did, has made this year a lot more hectic than expected.

Second, I received a bow today from Bruce, (blaflair). It's awesome!! That pretty much sums it up. I'll post a couple pics of that tomorrow. Also, Bruce and I have a different trade in the works, and he was kinda enough to text me pics of the bow in progress, of course he forgot to mention it was my trade bow. That was pretty clever Bruce!! I never suspected...pretty sneaky ;D

Third, I put some clear coat on a bow for my victim a few minutes ago. Things got crazy for a minute, broke the tip off plan b last week, and I thought for sure I was done. Man sometimes breaks are just down right depressing. Talk about taking the wind out of your sails. I pulled it off though, always gotta get back on the horse ;) Anyway, here's a sneak peak. Its white ash, 62" long scalloped bow, with a little flip in the tips, some paint, and 42#@28".

Thanks for being patient everybody!! Hope my guy likes it, and I'll let him post a few more pics.

Tattoo Dave   
Rockford, MI

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #853 on: August 17, 2015, 09:57:05 pm »
Glad ya like it Dave
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #854 on: August 18, 2015, 01:44:58 am »
Checked on mine today. Delivery looks like Thursday instead of Saturday. And I just realized that my note I wrote to put into the tube was laying on my table under some leather. So "#>¢¥§~¿¡¬|£" as soon as you get it send me a message with your number and we can talk a bit. Sorry bud. The brace is 6in from the throat if the handle. The red string is dineema and the tan string is spectra. Both padded with B50. The tan string is the one that is shot in. The red one has had about 20 arrows shot through it.

P.S. That's twice I've forgotten the note in a trade. Last time the pore fella didn't even know what he got. Patrick