Author Topic: small diameter osage  (Read 10306 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: small diameter osage
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 05:26:20 pm »
This pole bow is 66" long, 53#@26". 1 3/8" out to the last 10" and tapers to 3/8" tips. It has a very flat belly and quite rounded back(as you can imagine). I added 2 thin pieces of wood to the belly for a handle riser.     Pat

ps. Pappy, I got to meet Sonny at the Friendship Shoot in Southern Indiana a few years back and know another friend of Sonny's that has 2 of his limbbows. They are incredible bows. Look in a past issue of PA for an article on Sonny's limbbows. Written by Dane Snodgras
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline rkeltner

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 07:06:08 pm »
that is one SWEET looking bow! i'm impressed with the backset, and i bet that baby is very energetic!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 07:08:23 pm »
She is pretty peppy but I pucker every time I string her. :o     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 07:23:32 pm »
Don't worry about the Diameter of Osage...take a look at the pictures I attached....this Bow is 6-7 years old....and going strong still...at 63 inches long asymmetrical with a Top limb thats 3 inches longer than the Bottom....it's only 1 inch wide and thick at the Handle....1 1/4" at the fades....tapering to 3/4" Recurved Tips.....it so Snaky that it has string grooves in the belly side of the limbs to keep the String on when Strung........so please don't underestimate Osage....a two inch Limb is more than enough to make a great Bow

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline rkeltner

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 02:05:09 am »
pics of stave

Offline rkeltner

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 02:14:05 am »
more

Offline rkeltner

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 02:32:54 am »
another pic

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 02:34:15 am »
Go for it....this will make a nice Bow....if you want a thicker Handle you can build it up with wood or leather....I think it will make a Nice Bow...do you have the B.B Volumes?? If so look in Osage and get the dimensions from there
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline rkeltner

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 03:52:53 am »
i have all three tbbs, am at risk of wearing them out, and can't wait untill tbb#4 is available!!!!