Author Topic: Trade at the classic?  (Read 6936 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Trade at the classic?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 11:15:11 pm »
Glad to know you'll be at the Classic, Rand. See you there.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 08:28:34 pm »
Hey Pat,

After this winter from hell I am so looking forward to the classic!  I look forward to seeing you and hope you find time to come over and visit us at our booth if you get to get away from the action for a bit.  Still got the hickory stave from last year looking at me each and every day!  How in the world did my only gran get born on your birthday making it impossible to make it to the Patorama!!!!

Can't wait,
Rand
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 11:19:26 pm »
Catahoula, I bought a "Native American" flute is California several years ago.  I love the tone, but it is VERY soft, like you can't hear it across the campfire.  Would mind taking a look at it to see if there's any way to "pump-up" the volume?
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2015, 08:26:28 pm »
Dave,

I will be glad to look at it...each flute has its unique voice...my first branch flute I ever made has a flue that is a little too deep and so she has a husky voice...kinda sexy...like Marilyn Monroe when she sang happy birthday to President Kennedy...so she is named Marilyn!  I could fix her but was threatened long ago by a friend who is a shakuhatchi maker not to mess with her because her voice is just like a well made shak (Japanese Flute)...and I am glad I left her alone now all these years later as I learned the lesson with flutes...let them be what they want to be!  Looking forward to meeting you...

Rand

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 12:53:43 am »
Thanks Rand, I'll bring here to the Classic.  I sure hope you do some flute playing around the campfire.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 10:17:11 pm »
Hi Dave,
Will do...
Rand