Author Topic: Does the Handle Bend?  (Read 5436 times)

Offline DC

Re: Does the Handle Bend?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 02:19:19 pm »
If you want to get silly I can see distance sensors mounted to the end of each skewer, fed into a computer that compares the distance and lights an LED on the end of the skewers to designate the area that needs tillering. But then that would make it too easy ;D

Offline Tillstave

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 02:46:29 pm »
Agreed. It would be useful, I think, in a full production mode. However, with the basic layout not withstanding, making a bow out of a stick is very much done by feel, with lot's of mistake based learning along the way. It would be difficult, but not impossible to apply standard proccesses to. My input was more for levity than an actual project plan. Nice work on the bows though

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 03:08:53 pm »
Agreed. It would be useful, I think, in a full production mode. However, with the basic layout not withstanding, making a bow out of a stick is very much done by feel, with lot's of mistake based learning along the way. It would be difficult, but not impossible to apply standard proccesses to. My input was more for levity than an actual project plan. Nice work on the bows though
Ah excellent.. you had me going there for a minute... (a ";)" would have helped me decipher the nuances!)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 08:21:16 pm »
Are you going to try it on any of your other bows as a control/comparison group?
It would be interesting if I didn't have other even more interesting stuff to do.
I s'pose it would be interesting to stick spills all along the limb and video it under strobe lighting, maybe with dancing girls?  ::)
You are of course free to continue this ground breaking research... hmm I wonder if there is a research grant I could apply for ;)
Del

The grant money would be there but it would all be I  singles.   ;)
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley