Author Topic: music in the bowyers workshop  (Read 18626 times)

Offline bow101

Re: music in the bowyers workshop
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2015, 03:11:21 pm »
Rock & Roll or whatever suits the mood, listen to FM band.  Heart, Fleetwood Mac, 3-Doors down, Mathew Good, Evanescence, Red Hot Chilly Peppers, Creed, Nirvana, Pearl Jam,  Steve Earle (the moonshine song) , Jefferson Airplane, The Doors and the list goes on.   It all depends on the mood.   8)  Its all good.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Badger

« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2015, 03:25:33 pm »
  If I ever found a singer who sing better than me I would play it instead of me having to sing all day.

Offline DC

« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2015, 03:57:08 pm »
That's kind of a neat feeling. Puttering away in the shop and you start singing or whistling. Must be what they mean by naturally stoned. it's actually much better than the artificial kind. ;D ;D

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2015, 04:02:38 pm »
The mention of soundtracks made me remember one of my favorites. The "Into the Wild" soundtrack with Eiddie Vedder of Pearl Jam is spectacular. I never saw the movie though. I was turned off by the story even though it's true. A man who prides himself in wilderness survival shouldn't end up poisoned by a mushroom. If there is any doubt what so ever or even a unsafe look-a-like don't eat it. The have virtually no nutritional value anyway, so taking risks to avoid starvation isn't even a valid excuse. Never the less, awesome soundtrack. I'd say this one was my favorite track.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm8oxC24QZc

Yes I love eddie vedder. The song "society" really makes me think.
I like osage

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2015, 04:53:42 pm »
  If I ever found a singer who sing better than me I would play it instead of me having to sing all day.
we sing a lot in my house. I don't know about any of you, but some of my fondest memories were sitting around the camp fire singing along to the acordian. We sang "Bill Grogans goat" at my grandpa's funeral. I never saw him listen to music, but he sure sang like a bird.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline GB

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2015, 05:59:58 pm »
Got to be acoustic music for me when I'm in my shop and it doesn't get any better than Leo Kottke.  But I also like the "Dances With Wolves" soundtrack.  Props to Bubby for The Flying Burrito Bros.  ;)
Yeah, I remember when we had a President who didn't wear a tinfoil hat.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2015, 08:52:21 pm »
Got to be acoustic music for me when I'm in my shop and it doesn't get any better than Leo Kottke.  But I also like the "Dances With Wolves" soundtrack.  Props to Bubby for The Flying Burrito Bros.  ;)

Ahh yes , Leo Kottke , Icewater was part of my soundtrack back in the 70's...  ;)

Offline DC

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2015, 09:29:21 pm »
I'd never heard of Leo Kottke so I googled him. Like what I heard. Boy's got talent. :D

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2015, 10:14:29 pm »
I don't listen to anything. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline IndianKid

« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2015, 11:10:22 pm »
What a fantastic song! Thank You!

Offline PeteC

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2015, 07:48:32 am »
That's a great song.I listened to several more of his and they were all good. Thanks for putting it up. I think I'll order that Cd. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline GB

« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2015, 08:03:14 am »
Are we talking about Leo Kottke?  If so, check out his "Six and Twelve String Guitar" CD and his live CD, "My Feet Are Smiling".  The man is amazing. :)

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2015, 07:53:59 pm »
Are we talking about Leo Kottke?  If so, check out his "Six and Twelve String Guitar" CD and his live CD, "My Feet Are Smiling".  The man is amazing. :)

Yep, and while he describes his singing as sounding like "goose f#rts on a muggy day..." I always thought he did pretty well when he covered Tom T. Hall's "Pamela Brown" on the Ice Water album.

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2015, 11:06:06 pm »
I was looking up leo kottke stuff and this caught my eye. I've always been a bit of a phish head so this was really appealing to me. The first 20 minutes are superb. I'll assume it continues for the remainder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTh7DHIeJCM
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline GB

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2015, 03:24:56 pm »
Pretty cool, DK.  I've heard that Leo is still touring and I'd go to see him if he came to my area.  The only time I saw him live was in the late 70's.
"Goose farts" is hilarious.  He's being way too hard on himself.  I always liked his voice.  It just fits the songs so well.  I love his cover of "Rings" and the way he sings "Louise" and "Hear the Wind Howl".  Glad that there is some live video of Leo on YouTube and I'm still amazed by the way he plays.