Author Topic: Branson Mo.  (Read 4720 times)

Offline Scottski

Branson Mo.
« on: June 13, 2015, 11:18:54 am »
Ok guys, me and her family are getting up Sunday morning and going to Branson. We will be there for a week. Do you guys have any good suggestions on places I should visit? Any primitive related shopping or thing of that nature in this tourist trap? I have not been there in maybe 8 years and with her family they just want food and shows. I will be venturing off by my self that's for sure Lmbo! I want this to be a good time and not a weight gain program, eating and sitting around if you know what I meen. Any help will be great. Thanks for your help and advice.
Did the Native Americans think about all this that much or just do it?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Branson Mo.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 12:13:39 pm »
The Mo Archeological Society has lots of stuff but I'm not sure where that are located.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 12:33:48 pm »
Ok guys, me and her family are getting up Sunday morning and going to Branson. We will be there for a week. Do you guys have any good suggestions on places I should visit? Any primitive related shopping or thing of that nature in this tourist trap? I have not been there in maybe 8 years and with her family they just want food and shows. I will be venturing off by my self that's for sure Lmbo! I want this to be a good time and not a weight gain program, eating and sitting around if you know what I meen. Any help will be great. Thanks for your help and advice.

Hey bud,  I live about 30 min from Branson. I'm sending you a pm with my phone number.  I've been to Branson thousands of times. I'm sure I could help you out. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline J05H

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 02:14:26 pm »
I'm about 45 mins from there in a different direction. I can't think of anything primitive related of the top of my head, but there are things to do besides shows. Silver Dollar City is a lot of fun. There's are people demonstrating there crafts like glass blowing, and leatherwork. There's a blacksmith, and there used to be a knife maker, but apparently he's not there any more.  I don't know how you feel about rides, but there's a zip line thing you might enjoy. And there are lots of kart racing tracks. While your that close, you should check out the archery museum in the Bass Pro in Springfield. Its pretty interesting if you enjoy that kind of thing. That's all I can think of for now.
If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 02:22:21 pm »
Is that archery museum at Bass Pro the Fred Bear collection? If so it has lots of cool stuff. I went through the Bear Museum in Gainesville, FL when it was there.
   Google MO Archaeological Society to see what and where.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline J05H

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 02:39:00 pm »
I'm pretty sure it is Pat. The thing that stands out in my memory is Geronimo's bow. It was a cool experience.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 03:19:44 pm »
Yes it is the free bear archery museum! They also have an awesome gun museum right next to it.

If your around we could get together and visit maybe even make some shavings!

Josh, where about are you located? I'm in Battlefield Missouri. Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline J05H

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 06:08:17 pm »
Patrick, I'm in Lead Hill AR. A few miles south of the line, and about 30 miles east of Branson.

Offline Scottski

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 10:52:10 pm »
Ok kool thanks guys.
Did the Native Americans think about all this that much or just do it?

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 11:26:29 pm »
Patrick, I'm in Lead Hill AR. A few miles south of the line, and about 30 miles east of Branson.

Cool, we will have to get together sometime. We are only about an hour or so apart! Patrick

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 11:27:09 pm »
Ok kool thanks guys.

Your welcome.  ;D Patrick

Offline J05H

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 01:13:10 am »

Cool, we will have to get together sometime. We are only about an hour or so apart! Patrick

Yeah, we should. I might be able to swing by next time I'm up that way.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2015, 01:39:35 am »
That will work for me Josh. Just let me know when! Patrick

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 02:21:20 pm »
If you are into the best Glass Bows made today, stop By Black Widow Bows.   ;D 

I did when I was there a few years back when my daughter earned her Doctorate Degree in Springfield.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 11:21:44 pm »
Yeah, Black widow is in my back yard. They have one heck of a shop.

Didn't think about it before but you might look up the rose wood shop. It would be about an hour or so drive but you could pick up some awesome wood from there. And they make lams and backing stripes to. Patrick