Author Topic: They keep getting bigger  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Zuma

They keep getting bigger
« on: July 06, 2015, 02:06:38 pm »
Can't find the rabbit photos. :)
A view from my knapping deck.
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Trapper Rob

Re: They keep getting bigger
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 11:02:34 pm »
Zuma looks like a nice view.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 09:06:33 pm »
It is Trapper.
I just got home and saw a bear  running across
 the field  on the other side of the road.
Also my neighbor told me he saw a litter of five mink
with three adults. He saw the bear last week.
It's pretty country up your way too.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 02:13:55 am »

Dang, are you taking pictures from my deck?  I have two bucks that come up,and look just like that, and a lone hen, that had 3 chicks, but now only have 2, which are now the size of chickens.  I had a moose, in my pond in back of my house, he was here last year, also.  He would come up in the morning, and wade in my pond, and start eating,  and then sit down like a dog, and eat.  Pretty entertaining, the neighbors, and their grand kids, and some other neighbors came over, and we stood on the deck, and watched him, we were only about 40 ft. or so from the pond, and then he went to the other pond, but it was deeper, and he had to swim, and the red winged black birds, kept after him, so he came back to the pond in back of the house, and before he got to the pond, he stood in the trees, and started sniffing, and then got an unfriendly look, and stared straight ahead, and there was a BIG black bear, crossing, and then it saw the moose, and us, and turned and went towards a neighbors house.  The neighbor was walking with his dog, and we hollered to him, that he was heading in the same direction as the bear.  The bear had an unusual coat.  From the neck to his shoulders, he was black, from there on he was a shaggy tan Griz color.  We took the picture to the ranger station, and they said the same as everyone who I sent the picture to, ..."It looks like a wolf", and it looks like it is wearing a coat!  But no foxes.  I do have Gerry, the ground squirrel who is still here.  He is neat to watch.  I never know what I will see at my pond.  I had a wood duck couple, a Mandarin duck couple, a couple of Canada Geese, and I had a water Ouzle for a while.  I have to small turtles in there now.  I am going to trap some of these huge craw fish out here, and put in my pond, and then I can  craw fish ettufe'!

Offline Zuma

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 06:24:29 pm »
Stick, Your place sounds like Eden.
Man, I'd like to have a moose. I dammed the creek for
 a pond but the water drains out through the bed rock.
I see the Woodies fly into their nests down at the river.
Holes high in the sycamore.
I'd settle for an elk but I'm only 75 miles from the Whitehouse.
This guy did his fly over to catch a thermal today.
Zuma

Offline stickbender

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 02:45:52 am »

Cool picture.  Sorry about you proximity to our national problems. ::)   Yeah, I have lucked into quite a bit of nature here.  I am very thankful for it. 

Wayne