Author Topic: New guy from Sweden  (Read 4811 times)

Offline freke

New guy from Sweden
« on: August 13, 2015, 08:21:25 am »
Hi, I am new to this forum and want to introduce myself,  am from Sweden where I live.
Start build bows and arrowsyears ago and had some golden years shooting with similar fellows, took a long break, study, work and family but has now an awaking interest again.
In the last years have a I build on request for children only (15-30#), but decided last summer to start it up again more seriously - for myself.  Realize I am very rusty….
I looking forwards to learn more, and build more…that’s why I show up here as it feels be a good base of knowledge. Until now have I most experience with  flat bows from Ash(Fraxinus excelsior), Elm and Hazel that all grew around here, and both unbacked and backed.
Hoping to get time and possibility to build more and different kinds, especially am I looking forward to build yew bows (although that is easier said than done -  limited access to it here).
cheers jonas

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: New guy from Sweden
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 08:48:08 am »
Welcome to PA, Jonas. If you have pics, we'd love to see the kids bows you made.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline freke

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 04:30:32 am »
I can share a picture of two of those bows made still in possession, but they are simple. The small is my sons bow, the second is my wife’s bow.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/71cgc8pp6clahwz/DSC_0365%20-%20Copy2.jpg?dl=0

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 09:15:37 am »
Welcome,glad to have you on board. We had a couple and there daughter from Sweden at the IBO Traditional world this year at Twinoaks, very nice laid back people. They fit right in as I am sure you will here. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 10:24:50 am »
Simple but very beautiful.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline freke

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 03:47:34 pm »