Author Topic: Your dog's pictures  (Read 9656 times)

Offline Zuma

Re: Your dog's pictures
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 01:00:35 pm »
Bullet and Hush kept my family fed during the Oil Embargo BS.
Haven't found any replacement/s since.
RIP boys--
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Adam

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 08:46:42 pm »
Here's another corgi.  Lola is a very good dog and we have a lot of fun with her.  I do always get a little jealous when I see pictures on here of people that have dogs that lie in their workshop while they're doing projects.  Lola likes to eat wood chips and get into general mischief, so she rarely gets to venture into the basement with me.

Offline ssgtchad

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 09:24:22 pm »
This is my grand daughter with her best buddy Niko. My wife and I fostered niko and his 5 other liter mates after they were found dumped at a construction site.  The best we can figure he's lab and mastiff mix. He's pushing 120lbs and is great with the family and an assume watch dog
Always learning something new.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2015, 07:54:45 am »
Here's our mutt Smokey a Keeshound mix we got from a shelter 5 years ago. I say our dog but the truth is that he adores my wife and only pretends to like me in order to please her. Loyal, laid back and exceptionally well mannered and behaved for the most. He goes just about everywhere with us, walks, camp outs, family
picnics, you name it. Just ask him if he wants to ride in the truck and he'll do back flips in excitements.
Life without a dog along is not an option for us. :) :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2015, 09:10:50 am »
This is my dog Porsche along with my daughter Ava,  she (the dog) has a great temperament and is a very loyal dog.   We take her just about everywhere we can. We got her as a pup about 6 years ago from the shelter.  She is Basenji mixed with Lord knows what else.

Offline ksnow

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2015, 10:56:07 am »
Here's my hunting buddy.  5 year old original mountain cur, BuckShot.  I don't get him out much, but he's a load of fun in the woods.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 07:20:35 pm »
Here's our mutt Smokey a Keeshound mix we got from a shelter 5 years ago. I say our dog but the truth is that he adores my wife and only pretends to like me in order to please her. Loyal, laid back and exceptionally well mannered and behaved for the most. He goes just about everywhere with us, walks, camp outs, family
picnics, you name it. Just ask him if he wants to ride in the truck and he'll do back flips in excitements.
Life without a dog along is not an option for us. :) :)

I can testify to this dog's good behavior.  Gentle to a fault when I met him, but then I was not messing with anybody in your camp either.  Something tells me that Smokey would be defensive when the situation called for it.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 08:47:48 pm »
Smokey likes treats but you have to sneak them to him or make it look like an accident  ;)   He's a great camping dog
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2015, 10:09:36 pm »
Wish they would legalize deer trailing for shot animals here in South Dakota.  Firstly, so I could have my dog enjoy part of the hunt.  Secondly, it cuts down the number of lost animals and second (third, fourth, etc) animals shot under one tag.

Never underestimate how big a dachshund is on the inside.  They WERE bred for going down the hole and killing badgers in the badger's territory. 

Offline longbowhntr

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2015, 10:28:51 pm »
Yes sir, your right about that. My wife and I have been married for 33 years and have had doxies (1,2or 3 at the same time) .All of them loved to trail. But Mickey seemed to know what his nose was for and how to use it. When he was less than a year old. My daughter went to one of my treestands to bow hunt. It was about a half mile from the house, thru the woods across a set drainage etc. She had been gone for a couple hours and I went outside for something. Well Mickey followed me. I got busy doing whatever and about 30-45 minutes my daughter com es back to the house with Mickey. He had trailed her to the treestand and set there and barked and shined until she climbed down and brought him back to the house. She was mad because he had messed up her hunt.

We had another one that would go into the holes and would stay down there for hours and hours while wrestling armidillos.
Near Dardanelle of Yell County Arkansas

Offline looper

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 12:49:45 am »
I've had a lot of good dogs over the years. Right now, Taku, a Russell Terrier is the only one in the family. He's quite an enthusiastic tracker.

Offline Oglala Bowyer

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2015, 10:15:30 am »
JW, was Lena fostered thru the Oglala pet project?  Nice looking dog btw.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2015, 05:24:10 pm »
JW, was Lena fostered thru the Oglala pet project?  Nice looking dog btw.

She was collected up by LAC and transferred to National American University's vet tech program in Rapid
City.  But I know Andrea and Rob from OPP, good people. Used to get eggs from them.

Offline le0n

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2015, 12:32:43 am »

She fits ;)

Those are 18" tiles.

This is Ever, one of our four.