Author Topic: Your dog's pictures  (Read 9644 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Your dog's pictures
« on: September 07, 2015, 05:03:31 pm »
Aside from bows, we all seem to gravitate toward campfires, good food, and almost universally, dogs.  I have had three of my own in my entire 52 years of life. My life, generally speaking, has been pretty unsettled and having a dog would not have been fair to the dog for the most part.  So I have gotten by borrowing what time I could with other people's dogs, but it just ain't the same. 

Well, here's a thread where we can post photos of the family members that often are the best behaved and most loyal.

Lena, born late 2012 somewhere on the Pine Ridge Reservation.  Fostered her part of the summer of 2013, never meant to keep her.  Dirty dog weaseled into my heart and won't come out. Best guess? Greyhound or whippet with some kind of cattle dog.  Whip thin and fast.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Your dog's pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 05:15:05 pm »
Lena looks sleek and fast. She could give that chaeta you posted a run for his money.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 05:18:37 pm »
Lena looks sleek and fast. She could give that chaeta you posted a run for his money.

She's been caught by one dog only in her life...and that was an adult greyhound.  After that, she learned to jink back and forth and cut sharp turns.  Having so little upper body mass, despite the stilt-like legs, she corners like a Formula One car with illegal tires.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 05:27:55 pm »
Nice looking dog JW.

I have 2 dogs.  Sophie and Princess.  Sophie is a white mini schnauzer.  She is one of those dogs who never grows out of the puppy personality.  We almost lost her last winter.  We found out she had diabetes real bad.  She went totally blind within a month.  She has adapted pretty well.  She is a little sweetheart now.

We adopted Princess.  She came with that name.  She is pure mutt.  She has a broad chest with feet that point in.  She also has a bad under bite so it looks like she is smiling most of the time.  She has motherly instincts.  She watches over Sophie and if anyone in the house is sick she stays right by there side.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 05:30:51 pm »
Two attributes I would do well to adopt.  1) Sophie's lack of whining over what she cannot control 2) Princess's concern for others. 

Offline half eye

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 05:47:04 pm »
well here is Ms. Keika... 9 pounds of spoiled attitude....took the place of the grand-daughter we raised till she moved out....
rich
the last 2 is her last birthday cake ans opening her presents....but she is not at all spoiled.

Offline bubby

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 06:07:21 pm »
I have had many dogs in my time, had a black lab named stoney burke, a sweethart of a springer named tami, a basset named Lucile, the best dog i ever had was a aussie shepard named hoochie like to killed me to put her down, the dog in the pic here is my current and possibly last his name is leo he's a catahola and a big'un at 90#plus man he can run forever I take leo deer hunting, my wife has a corgi Sheldon is his moniker I'll see if i have a pic
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline bubby

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 06:09:45 pm »
Here he is typical corgi he thinks he rules the roost, or castle as they are the queens dogs

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 06:17:13 pm »
Corgi: noun, Welsh for incorrigible.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 07:10:54 pm »
Here's my dog.. Luke.. 11 years old had him for 6 years a rescue.. Likes to fish, archery shoots, and black powder weekends, dislikes cats.. Loves the grandkids.. He's been alot of work.. Getting better.. As a freind of mine says '' He ain't good for much but he's a kind beast''
Fishing with uncle Dan.. Hanging in the shop.. Getting shaved and bathed after the skunk experience
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline bubby

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 07:21:24 pm »
Corgi: noun, Welsh for incorrigible.

Truer words were never spoken JW

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 10:23:25 pm »
My 10 lbs baby turned into a 90 lbs baby. Hates other dogs, loves people just dont come knocking on my door when my family is home.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 12:54:28 am »
This is my dog jax, he's a big dumb catahoula/alpha blue blood bulldog. Whatever that is lol. He's a good dog and great with the kids. But he's a little hard on the visitors. He's getting old and grumpy.
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline chamookman

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 05:20:19 am »
Wish I could post pics  :(. I have an English Setter - Izzy. Old Girl just tuned 12 - 33lbs of pure Bird Brain. Best Hunting Dog and Buddy I've had the pleasure to have. The last couple of years, We've both slowed down quite a bit and don't Hunt anymore. Now I'm retired, She's My constant companion.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 06:36:26 am »
This is Sally, her momma was a full blooded Mountain Cur [Sadie] some of you that have been to the Classic will remember her Sally's dad was a traveling man but must have had some Lab in him because Sally's toes are webbed. Very sweet dog and great camp dog. She was the runt of the litter and boned 2 years ago on Easter Sunday. I though she was going to be the size of her momma [40 or so lbs ]and turn into a small yellow mountain cur so I bandedr her tail at just a few hours old, she is now about 75 lbs, boy was I wrong. ::)I Love her and she loves me. Nothing like a good dog. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good