Author Topic: THANK YOU to this great community!  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
THANK YOU to this great community!
« on: September 08, 2015, 10:34:33 pm »
I don't post a ton, and most are replies as opposed to new threads. But there's a good bit that goes on behind the scenes.

Have been involved in this wonderful/frustrating hobby for only a year. But often seems like years and years due to the welcoming attitude of everyone on PA that I've come in contact with.

So would like to express sincere THANK YOU to this great community. And particular THANK YOU to those who know who you are . . .  >:D

Mike
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

Re: THANK YOU to this great community!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 10:51:05 pm »
I would have never guessed you have only been doing this for a year by the looks of your bows and the way you shoot them.  I'm looking forward to sharing a camp fire with you next year at the Classic and Marshall.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 11:07:58 pm »
That's what this obsession is about Mike sharing the wealth
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 12:27:39 am »
Passing it on!   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 01:18:56 am »
Mike, it's been a pleasure to get to know you bud! I'm proud to have been able to meet you and to have shared camp together. Your a great fella. Before long you will be passing on your knowledge to help someone else.

I feel the same way you do. As a community we lift up those that need help no matter the amount of experience.

I seen somewhere, someone wrote; "when I stop learning put me in a box". 

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 10:02:05 am »
That crap doesn't work with me ol' man. I'm still gunning for you next spring on the 3D course!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 10:04:34 am »
How about you celebrate your second year of wood Bows by throwing those carbon arrows in your compound quiver and shooting some real ones! Sorry I could not resist >:D

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 11:20:16 am »
 :laugh:

Ok, ok. Am now shootin' some 4-fletch woodies!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 03:21:49 pm »
I'll take the carbons if you don't need them.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?