Author Topic: Archery in Japan Question  (Read 2125 times)

Offline punch

Archery in Japan Question
« on: September 13, 2015, 11:30:14 pm »
My wife has asked me to consider moving to Japan.   I we be living just out side of Tokyo.   Does anyone know if there are any places to shoot archery? I am not interested in yumi I just want to be able to shoot a couple days a week.   What about hunting?  My wife said she thinks you can in the country side northern part of Japan but was not sure.   

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
Re: Archery in Japan Question
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 11:57:05 pm »
I was just there actually,  really cool place. Tokyo is awesome and is amazingly clean for a big city, and the people are very polite and helpful.  Can't help you out withere the archery side of things, but I'm sure there would be places to loose some arrows.  Not sure about the hunting either.  They do have a city full of deer that walk around like squirrels..... you would probably get in trouble if you arrowed one. ☺

Offline punch

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 12:19:34 am »
Heard there are pigs but it's unconfirmed.   My wife is going to ask her family there to find out.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 10:02:30 am »
There is a guy that has written a few stories for PA Magazine from Japan(American in Japan) and it seems he hunts there also...but I don't remember his name or have contact info. You might try sending Ed Ingold, the PA Magazine Editor an email and maybe he can help.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 12:32:25 pm »
cannot help you but searched google for "bow hunting japan"
apparently they have a gun season. you have to pass some tests to take permits
have a look

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 10:38:02 pm »
I'll ask my Senior Karate student, he just got back last week. I asked him to see about archery and hunting before he went over to train.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?