Author Topic: happiness  (Read 1220 times)

riverrat

happiness
« on: September 21, 2015, 06:44:00 pm »
happiness is... building a bow, from a elm you cut down. making a string from plants you gathered., making arrows and your own points. o.k. mine are mostly glass with a couple of flint points i i managed to make from beer bottle bottoms and a few crappy nodules of flint i found. making a fire for your fire pit with your bow drill and your neighbor getting all excited cause he was watching you do it.lol staying up all night tillering a bow. then decorating it soon as you wake up.then shooting it and loving how great it shoots.putting all 8 of your arrows into the cardboard stuffed 12 pack box at 50 feet.letting loose one arrow in a "safe place" and watching just how far one could travel.well until it disapiers anyhow.then cleaning up all the shavings, tidbits of nettles, feather pieces, ect ect before the wife gets home from work. i missed it.didnt realize how much till i shot it this morning. but i missed it. Tony

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: happiness
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 07:21:46 pm »
....is seeing someone fulfill that empty spot in their heart and then realize how amazing it feels. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Traxx

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 10:53:05 pm »
Tony's back. ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 04:11:16 am »
Yep he is back.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good