Author Topic: stronges bow on the world  (Read 87172 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: stronges bow on the world
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2008, 10:16:52 pm »
  I can't help it , but I have to, no I don't,  Oh yes I do. ;) Man, you guy's are going to grow to old to shoot this match by the time you make up the rules ;D :-\ ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Rod

« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2008, 07:13:50 am »

No comment... :-)

Offline alanesq

• my webpage
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2008, 04:01:21 pm »

the problem is that no one is very interested in it
just trying to find a way to make it of more interest to warbow archers

I would have thought that getting within 2 foot of a mark at 100 yards is going to be about the same as hitting a standard target boss at 100 yards ?
with a heavy war bow you are going to be shooting pretty straight at it (i.e. not shooting high into the air like a long shot)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2008, 10:14:14 pm »
    I don't know anything about Warbows except it seems like a lot of work ;) But I always thought a miss, anyway you look at it , is a miss.
Lakeland, Florida

nick1346

« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2008, 07:25:27 am »

I don't know anything about Warbows except it seems like a lot of work ;) But I always thought a miss, anyway you look at it , is a miss.

Well not quite if I missed the bloke I was going shooting at 100, 150, 200 yds away I'd hit his mate slighty to the left and just behind him :D

Rod

« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2008, 09:05:32 am »
This point of view is based upon the notion that in every conceivable tactical situation, your foe will always be bunched together.
Unfortunately, in real life situations, this will not always be the case.

Are we then assuming that if faced with a number of men who disoblige us by not bunching together, we might then ask them to kindly bunch up so that we might hit the guy next to the one we were shooting at?

True, barrage fire at a mass of men is an important application, but not at the cost of an inability to shoot accurately at a moderate distance.

Another very real benefit of practising for accuracy at 100 is that it will make you more accurate at longer distances.

Rod.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2008, 12:35:04 pm »
This point of view is based upon the notion that in every conceivable tactical situation, your foe will always be bunched together.

Rod.
I would guess that you are quite right. I think rather than standing/marching shoulder to shoulder you would like to be far enough apart to actually use the weapon you are carrying.  ;D
Also assuming you didn't hit 6 inches in front of him.  :o Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

nick1346

« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2008, 02:00:09 pm »

Are we then assuming that if faced with a number of men who disoblige us by not bunching together, we might then ask them to kindly bunch up so that we might hit the guy next to the one we were shooting at?

True, barrage fire at a mass of men is an important application, but not at the cost of an inability to shoot accurately at a moderate distance.

Another very real benefit of practising for accuracy at 100 is that it will make you more accurate at longer distances.

Rod.

Now your having a laugh Rod! It's called light hearted banter...chill :D

stevesjem

« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2008, 08:15:59 pm »
Can someone get rid of this thread, it is now becoming laughable,

Nick forget this bloke, he is quite capable of doing his own tests as he runs some sort of archery centre, leave him to get on with it mate, then he can say for certain wether or not he himself is good enough with a heavy bow.

Rod

« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2008, 09:52:19 am »
Nick,
I'm not upset or even surprised by these responses, let us wait and see what happens when a few folks show that it not only can be done, but that it can also contribute towards also raising the standard.
Those who have no interest in this are obviously not ready and indeed may never be ready judging from the quality of some of the responses.
Let it stand for now that some think it impossible to hit a man at 100 yards with a war bow given their present level of ability.
The question is, does this represent the reality of a competent mediaeval archer ?
Rod.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2008, 06:48:32 pm »
  I don't know?  If my job was killing people or putting meat on the table, It would be hard for me to be happy about missing by a little bit. :'(
Lakeland, Florida

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2008, 09:41:18 pm »
dude, those guys are suposedly drawing weights only 50 lbs less than my squat max.
lets just shoot it

Ian B

« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2008, 09:48:42 pm »
100 yards = 91,2 m first of all its Boring,thats why i quit the fita stuff. Don't see the point of trying to hit a target of six feet by 3 feet i could do that with a warbow @ 100 lb after 10 pints. So sorry i would rather go out and have some fun with the lads ;D

Not that bow shooting and drinking  at the same time is good, i tend to spill to much ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 08:56:51 am by Ian B »

Ian B

« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2008, 08:26:16 am »
I can find no record of Stretton holding the Record....this Guy states that He holds it....

http://www.indium.com/drlasky/entry.php?id=386

Hello And Good day !
Please allow me to introduce myself , I am Den Erickson .
I am the Worlds Strongest Archer , and have been for (April 1994 ) 10 Years prior to Mark Stretton's so called "Feat" .
I have demonstrated my Ability to successfully Shoot and Hunt with these weights .
I on a weekly basis shoot 6 / 6 arrow ends at 125# , 147# ,And over 230 #
with recurves and a Longbow , Drawn to my natural Draw length of 26 1/2 " .
At the Moment Mark Stretton while a terrific and competent Archer is no where near my strength or abilities , has been challenged in this regard and refuses any sort of competition .
I do have a current claim in to Guinness whilst Mark Stretton does not .

As to Stats
I am 5'8" , and 280 lbs . 32 years of age

In coorespondance with Pip he has mentioned he does not endorse any one let alone Mark Stretton pulling such heavy weight as he feels it is historically inaccurate .

This is for informational purposes as well as serving as a challenge to Mark Stretton to Match me or beat me as The Worlds Strongest .
I may be reached at Varbogen@aol.com
or USA tel 262-705-2245 .
Sincerely ,
Den Erickson
The Worlds Strongest Archer ( U.S.)

you are so full of s*** stop smoking that stuff it does not agree with you it seems ( PS. you may change your name but you are still a Pri** )

Rod

« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2008, 02:00:16 pm »
Don't see the point of trying to hit a target of six feet by 3 feet i could do that with a warbow @ 100 lb after 10 pints.

I'd like to see that. Most of us only think we are shooting better after 10 pints...  :-)

Rod.