Author Topic: release  (Read 1836 times)

Offline jayman448

release
« on: October 20, 2015, 05:30:17 pm »
Static or dynamic. Why? How? Ive got a terrible release that just aint working and everyone seems to have a different opinion.

Offline bradsmith2010

Re: release
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 07:54:42 pm »
there are so many experts it can be confusing. it takes alot of practice to find your own way, take the advice of the best shooters you know, ,and then develop what works for you,,
I used to shoot alot of target archery, I could shoot either way,,,
my release is much better with a heavier bow,, it forces me to let go,, my release is dynamic now,, and I am happy,, I mainly practice for hunting up close shots and that release is just more comfortable for me, so I stick with that,,I was lucky to do alot of shooting with Byron Ferguson and he taught me alot that is still with me today,,, but as stated I concentrate on the up close hunting shots,, and dont hold very long( and have a floating anchor if the bow is short) and that works for me and what I want to do,,, there are so many styles of shooting, you just have to figure out what you want to do,, and practice for that,,, your release is always a work in progress,, so dont get discouraged,,,

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 11:05:29 am »
Release is one of those things you just have to try a lot of things and find what works best and consistently for you. I shoot thumb ring release and it was really hard for me to find information and advice since the vast majority of material out there consists of "hey look, this is a thumb ring and this is how it works" and that's all, no instruction, nuance, various methods, just "look at this novelty, it goes on your thumb, arrow goes on the wrong side, and you pull back and shoot, cool huh", lol.

Offline punch

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 02:15:28 pm »
I use a release like the one in the photo.  I tried a lot of different releases including thumbrings this one works best for me and I don't need a glove, tab or ring.  You can use this for the arrow on either side of the bow.