Author Topic: little tiller advice please.  (Read 2903 times)

Offline Mike_A

• Mike Ailstock Gatesville, TX
little tiller advice please.
« on: February 16, 2008, 05:39:36 pm »
I would like to get a few opinions on the tiller of this bow. I'm going for slightly stiff handle d bow, and I'm thinking the left limb needs to bend a bit more in the inner third, but I'm not sure. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Mike.

P.S. the little squares on the board are 2x2.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud member of PETA ( People for the Eating of Tasty Animals)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: little tiller advice please.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 06:31:45 pm »
Mike, she's looking good so far.  Work a bit more on the right limb. The left limb also looks like it is bending a bit much at mid limb so don't touch that area until other areas are bending better. I would leave the handle area alone until you're done getting the limbs bending evenly and together. Then you can remove a little at a time until you get the handle area bending as much as you want.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 08:40:13 pm »
By the time you get the right limb evened up with the left, you may be good to go.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 08:54:08 pm »
I think you are bending a little much on the left outer limb.  If you count the squares the left is stronger for the first 1/2 then takes a sharp dive. Tiller the inner limb on the left and the entire limb on the right.  Justin

[attachment deleted by admin]
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 09:10:30 pm »
 Tiller the left limb and leave the right limb alone. When ya satisfied with the left tiller the right ta match. Then tiller both ta get the draw weight ya want.................bob

Offline Mike_A

• Mike Ailstock Gatesville, TX
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 11:02:34 pm »
Thanks for all the responses. I guess I better figure out exactly what I'm gonna do and make some shavings. Thanks all and I'll probly be posting again with new pics for some more advice.  ;D ;D   Ya'll have a good day and thanks. Mike
Proud member of PETA ( People for the Eating of Tasty Animals)