Author Topic: Post pics of the Christmas Trade gift you recieved here  (Read 13645 times)

Offline hunterbob

Re: Post pics of the Christmas Trade gift you recieved here
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2016, 11:17:10 am »
Sweet tim . it would be nice to have a handle on my little nock file. Heck all my files.

Offline Redhand

• Marlen Murdock PM109458
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2016, 11:30:30 am »
I received this box of goodies yesterday from Swampman.  Its a nicely made quiver, with a half dozen arrows, a bow sock case, and a bleached coyote skull.  Thank you Swampman, you are very talented, I will make good use of these items.
Northern Ute

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2016, 03:33:41 pm »
I am glad to see the USPS was not too hard on the items and they made it in one piece Redhand.  Happy holidays.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2016, 09:50:14 am »
Glad you like the file handles Tim... Lost the tracking # from the P/O.. Happy they made it there...
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline sleek

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2016, 01:10:02 pm »
I just got home from 2 weeks gone. I had a letter telling me the post office has my package. Id go today but my furnace wont work, house is freezing, and my freezer quit so all my deer meat and all my food is ruined. After i get this mess cleaned up i will be going to the post office to see what i have recieved.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Adam

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2016, 09:40:41 pm »
I received these great items from Trapper Rob today.  The possibles bag is a really neat design where the inside is divided into two pouches to keep items separate.  I’ve done little leather work, but enough to know it’s harder than it looks to get a professional looking result, and I’m really impressed with the workmanship.   Also included was a flint and steel set.  I’ll have to practice a little to get the technique right, but I’m getting some sparks.  Next is a forged screw driver that I can grind the end on to fit my muzzleloader.  He also included a dozen flies.  I don’t know that I’ve ever mentioned muzzleloader shooting or fly fishing on this site before, but I really enjoy both activities (anything involving fire starting is always a winner too).  I’m not sure how Rob knew that, but this collection of gifts was spot on and I couldn’t have asked for such great things!  Thanks very much!

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2016, 08:31:59 am »
Very Cool!
The flies look like they'd be great for ice fishing.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Stoker

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2016, 09:37:38 am »
Got my gift from warpath... Bamboo fish gigger with 2 darts.. Pendent with a spider in it.. Orb weaver I beleive.. And a dozen bamboo shafts... Very cool Thank you very much
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline warpath

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2016, 03:17:35 pm »
Glad you like them Stoker. I enjoyed making the harpoons for you!  ;D

G-Monee  >:D

Offline Scottski

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2016, 03:48:52 pm »
Got my gift today! I got a nice knife a sheath and some turkey feathers also. Thank you very much. This is my first hand made knife. I like it! Thank you again Adam Schmidt.
Did the Native Americans think about all this that much or just do it?

Offline Adam

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2016, 02:47:58 pm »
Scott, I'm glad you like it.  I figure you can never have too many knives.

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2016, 03:19:55 pm »
I sent my package out yesterday and when I was there picked up my gift from Bubby. I never got a notification it had arrived nearly 2 weeks ago! An awesome knife and 2 arrowhead necklaces. I'm out of town for 10 days, so I'll have to post pics when I get home. Cheers

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2016, 05:19:50 pm »
OK everyone, Next Friday is bringing to end the 2015 Christmas Exchange. Anyone that has not shipped, please try to do so by Friday.  If you are having a problem, please contact me.
 Thanks everyone that contributed to this years exchange and to the guys that carried it this far. Lots of cool stuff in the mix this year. The spirit of the season is definately apparent.  8)

Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline kid bow

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2016, 03:36:47 pm »
http://s1028.photobucket.com/user/jonahmafort/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsqie0udku.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
 I got this large package on my door step here in Kentucky. come to find out its a package from tattoo dave or Thompson. this what it said in the letter so I will call him one of those two. in this package ive got a substantially large amount of deer sinew and a good pile of turkey feathers. he also added a slate call that he used to obtain the feathers. I have to say I'm very grateful for this package and I really would like to give a big thanks to Thompson for this. hopefully I can use this sinew to back a bow if I ever get time off work to do so.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:42:21 pm by kid bow »
i need nothing but my old bow and arrows.

Offline son of massey

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2016, 08:15:21 pm »
Got home from work to find the fire kit from Autologus tonight. Very heartfelt thanks for it all, I have got some practicing to do.

SOM