Author Topic: Marshall Mini Bow Challenge  (Read 143580 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Marshall Mini Bow Challenge
« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2016, 07:48:02 pm »
Maybe Mike just THINKS its longer than it is?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2016, 08:05:27 pm »
I'm not a cheater like Mike is  ;D  I cut all my staves to 24" exactly before roughing out the bow.  I just cut a couple HHB.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline sleek

« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2016, 08:17:27 pm »
Is there a width or draw weight limit?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

blackhawk

« Reply #243 on: January 23, 2016, 08:47:36 am »
Is there a width or draw weight limit?

Nope...just 24" long total or less n made of natural materials...u could make a 100 pound  4" bow that shoots toothpicks if ya want ;)  :laugh: 

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2016, 08:54:20 am »
I'm finding there is an ultra fine line between accurate and shoot far with these 24" bows! I'm leaning towards light and accurate. So I brought the tips around on mine and now pull 26" with it, ZERO set.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #245 on: January 23, 2016, 09:01:03 am »
I have shot some short bows , but not sure I could get a 100  lb 4 inch bow back to full draw
that would be a Derringer, not a saturday night special, bet you cant hit the broadside  of a barn with it from inside the  barn
are we there yet?

26 in? Did you reverse  string that recurve or what ?
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2016, 09:03:39 am »
Its my story Guy! :)

blackhawk

« Reply #247 on: January 23, 2016, 10:36:53 am »
I'm finding there is an ultra fine line between accurate and shoot far with these 24" bows!

Thats why ya make n bring two ;) a heavy weight brute thall launch easily across the pond,and a lighter target bow for the range....its all legal and within the rules ya know ;)

Stringman

« Reply #248 on: January 23, 2016, 10:52:33 am »
Wow, 26" draw on  24" bow! This group is forever rewriting the rules.... but?!?

Offline sleek

« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2016, 10:57:31 am »
I want to be clear here. If a rule is not specified, then its ok to do. Like you didnt say i cant paint my bow red, so i can. If you dont say i cant do something then that something is om to do, right?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2016, 03:34:23 pm »
Will try to cut some fletchings today. 1 1/2" template looks awwwwwful tiny.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2016, 03:58:04 pm »
Mike,
I used some duck wings on some of mine arrows (hunting arrows) and they seamed to be just right for 1.5" fletching....Send me your address and I'll send you some....I'm going to use my mini hunting arrows on some chipmunks Clint and I saw last year or the raccoons that raided the garbage cans.  :)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #252 on: January 23, 2016, 04:33:27 pm »
Hunting with these mini bows ... how cool's that!!
JonW gave me couple tiny stone points that I'll try to haft. But just for lookin' ... not huntin'.
PM sent.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 07:54:43 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #253 on: January 23, 2016, 05:36:20 pm »
I want to be clear here. If a rule is not specified, then its ok to do. Like you didnt say i cant paint my bow red, so i can. If you dont say i cant do something then that something is om to do, right?

Before anyone answers Sleek on this I'd like to remind you all that he was a sailor, ...which means he's a slippery fella.  If there is a way to get by with a thing, he'll find it.  We may need a proviso that pushes the weight back toward the judges of the competition.  Perhaps a line in the rules that says something to the effect of:

8)  8)  8) All determinations of the contest officials are final from the time they are made and may not be contested.  Any contrivance deemed to be outside of the spirit and intent of the contest can be unilaterally disqualified and the offending minibow will be immediately sacrificed to the campfire.  Objections to the decisions made by contest officials must be filed immediately with a $75 filing fee or a fifth of the contest official's favorite liquor.  ...after which a decision will be rendered that will exactly match the original decision made by the contest official.    8)  8)  8)

OneBow

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #254 on: January 23, 2016, 05:45:07 pm »
I volunteer to be a contest official, Basil Hayen or Woodford Reserve will do offenders.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.