Author Topic: Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous  (Read 114675 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
« Reply #345 on: May 23, 2016, 12:51:07 pm »
If you ran it in the afternoons, nobody would care one bit. Its the evenings that might get under the skin of some.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #346 on: May 23, 2016, 12:59:24 pm »
We should be pulling in Thursday's afternoon. I don't know how auction works, I won't have a lot of $$ to spend but I'm hopeing  to get some HHB split and donate a couple. Think got everything working in brothers camper. Is it ok to use a Honda generator he has one I could bring? From what I can see chance of rain every day but no big amounts, of course it Michigan anything can happen.

get with me when you pull in we may have some options for you on the generator that will keep us all purring like a kitten

its the folks that don't ask that we turn Pearly loose on   :laugh: :laugh:

to hot is usually not a issue in that state up north but if you are just worried about an afternoon cool down step inside the club house
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #347 on: May 23, 2016, 01:08:21 pm »
Thanks guys for being open about this I'm really glad I asked. I hate it when you ask somebody something and they tell you what they think you want to hear and then their mad because you did what they told you to do. I was thinking exactly what Pearl said that's why I asked. It is a primitive event anyhow if we can find some shade I'm sure we'll be fine.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #348 on: May 23, 2016, 02:51:03 pm »
I don't think the rain is going to be as bad as everyone is thinking.  It looks like passing showers and not all day soaking rain.  The percentage is high but the expected rainfall totals are low. The forecast looked similar for the Classic and all we got was a few evening showers.  Everyone was in the bow shop anyway so it didn't matter.  I hope its the same way for Marshall.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #349 on: May 23, 2016, 03:00:16 pm »
We have a blast rain or shine at Marshall !!!
only scattered showers showing on my forecast
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #350 on: May 23, 2016, 03:06:56 pm »
I hope this Californian  I'm picking up from the airport isn't made of sugar..... he may melt. Curious though any you guys coming got any extra 2x rain gear just in case? He's traveling light and I'd hate to see him being the only one getting soaked

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #351 on: May 23, 2016, 03:14:46 pm »
Im just bringing an umbrella-ella-ella.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

« Reply #352 on: May 23, 2016, 03:54:08 pm »
Pauly i ain't made of sugar or that other stuff that melts when it gets wet😈 i might have enough room for a top Paul
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #353 on: May 23, 2016, 04:10:17 pm »
Ozarkers are not made of Sugar either, ...so I guess we'll be OK with a bit of North Country rain.  We ended MOJAM with a MASSIVE T-Storm last year and didn't lose anybody, ...though a few tent poles were listed as casualties.  My tent shook so violently and that it warped all the walls into odd contortions!  I felt like I was in one of those house of mirrors things you see at county fairs.

Also, I found a guy up in Battle Creek, MI that does Tree Work and sells Firewood.  If we get there and don't have enough, I'll give him a call.  Apparently he can deliver a Pickup load of seasoned firewood for a reasonable cost...

OneBow

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #354 on: May 23, 2016, 06:22:09 pm »
Postman left a note in the mailbox today. Seems there is a pkg waiting for me at post office ... from some gentleman in England. Picking it up tomorrow.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #355 on: May 23, 2016, 07:00:53 pm »
Well guy's this all sounds great! I'm done with work for the week. I got one appointment at 9 in the morning then it's time to get the truck loaded,  pick up Eric and we will be on the way. Since it's raining tonight I might get the last bit of fletchings on my mini arrows.

I have been wanting to donate something to the auction table. So today I wrapped up this cactus quiver today. Hemp cordage, elk antler buttons and sealed with a beeswax and talo mix. It will hold a half dozen of arrows with field points easily, probably more. I left the hemp long incase someone wants to add something else.  Hope someone likes it!

Patrick

Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #356 on: May 23, 2016, 07:17:06 pm »
Really nice looking quiver, I'm sure the auction table will appreciate it......
DBar
PS.... really like those pink primitive alumi nocks on those arras.......but those nocks....:) :) ...;)
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #357 on: May 23, 2016, 07:52:33 pm »
Me and young Nathan will be arriving sometime weds. afternoon and striking camp in the usual location. The wifes not coming until friday so it looks like us boys can act crazy for a couple days without any supervision. Glad to see others coming early as well, the good times will roll this week.

I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #358 on: May 23, 2016, 07:57:11 pm »
Yep let the good times roll.............................
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #359 on: May 23, 2016, 07:59:15 pm »
Amen brothers!