Author Topic: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information  (Read 693586 times)

Offline ajooter

Re: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information
« Reply #2460 on: April 11, 2016, 07:42:54 pm »
NOW I see everything!  That's a great set for sure!  Congratulations fred!

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #2461 on: April 11, 2016, 08:26:49 pm »
Awesome hunting equipment right there 8) 8) 8) Outstanding gesture guys...Congrats Fred
                                                                                                                                           Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline ajooter

« Reply #2462 on: April 11, 2016, 11:12:57 pm »

Got the area ready for my rest.  I'll rough it up good with some sandpaper make sure my glue joint is still good.  I was going to use a thick super glue but I decided to mix up a little smooth on for the adhesive.  It's what I used for my tips overlays so it should be fine.  Once I get the rest adhered I use some tiny files to lightly round the edges over.

Offline Drewster

« Reply #2463 on: April 11, 2016, 11:24:04 pm »
Fred, really sorry to hear about the sinusitis.  I've had a few bouts with that and it is NO fun.  Hope you're better quickly.    Maybe all those fine gifts will chase away the headache.

Ajooter, looking sweet man.  Keep us posted with that one.
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #2464 on: April 12, 2016, 01:29:18 am »
Fred,

I feel your pain with the sinuses. I've had a pretty crooked nose ever since I can remember which limits my airflow to one nostril. I was plagued with sinus infections my whole life. If you haven't resorted to antibiotics yet, I recommended mixing 1 tbs of apple cider vinegar into a tall(16 oz) water and drinking that at least twice a day. Don't take the vinegar straight, staying hydrated is half the cure. Plus raw vinegar can really mess your guts up.

PS One good turn deserves another. I'm glad you like the package. I certainly am enjoying the fruits of your labor being the organizer and all. Thanks again for stepping up.   
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline jandersson

« Reply #2465 on: April 12, 2016, 01:34:06 am »
Fred, It seems like your generosity is paying off, Congrats!

This is what Fred sent me:

A real nice Black walnut stave that I'm very excited about. I decided to not use the Lilac anymore, it developed cracks from the steaming I did so I didn't want to use it.
Sorry for the lack of participation lately, partially because I've been out of a stave but also had some storm damage on the house and went to AZ for some time. If you guys ever go to southern AZ check out Chiricahua national forest!

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #2466 on: April 12, 2016, 09:23:31 am »
Ajooter looks good I've done the same rest on a Osage bow 2 yrs ago. I used TBIII and dowels. Here is a pic of it

Offline ajooter

« Reply #2467 on: April 12, 2016, 09:58:54 am »
The dowels are a good idea gut. Since the smooth on worked do good for tips I'm gonna go with that for now.   Put a nice leather strike plate on it and then all I have to do is put my order in for a string!  ;)

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #2468 on: April 12, 2016, 10:10:05 am »
Fred, some great presents from some great guys. Ajooter , your puttin that arrow pass on the wrong side  ;)
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #2469 on: April 12, 2016, 10:20:33 am »
Ajooter , your puttin that arrow pass on the wrong side  ;)

What a shame, I guess since I shoot with a thumb ring then I could......lol

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #2470 on: April 12, 2016, 10:21:42 am »
Stixs it looks to me Ajooter has that rest on the correct side for a south paw.

Offline ajooter

« Reply #2471 on: April 12, 2016, 10:24:34 am »
You guys are seeing things...been into the shwag again!  >:D

Offline Ranasp

« Reply #2472 on: April 12, 2016, 11:57:58 am »
Huh, looks I was right about the boxes for Fred being filled with snakes.  ;D

Ajooter, that bow...Wow.  Whoever gets that bow will lose their mind!

So I've managed to bring down the entire stave to about 1" deep, which seems to have the added bonus of untwisting it a bit.  I'll take some pics when I get home and work out the shape of the bow coming out of it, I'll definitely need help with that since right now I have so many options I don't know where to start. 

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #2473 on: April 12, 2016, 01:07:38 pm »
Alright, I just wanted to throw this out there.  When I posted my stats I said I shot right handed.  For the record I can shoot left handed too.  A few years ago I taught myself to shoot both left handed.  I found it can come in handy in a tree stand. I have even arrowhead a buck left handed.  The reason I am saying this is to let Ajooter know I am fine with his mistake of putting the rest on the wrong side.   ;) ;)

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #2474 on: April 12, 2016, 01:31:48 pm »
Good one Swampman. But we all know who is truly LH on here and that would be me, hammer time,and pincushion. Oh ya half eye said he didn't care which handed he got LOL😃😃😃 but as clever as Ajooter is I'm sure he reversed the pic to get at all of us. Isn't that right Ajooter?