Author Topic: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information  (Read 693616 times)

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Re: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information
« Reply #3045 on: June 24, 2016, 09:11:16 pm »
Jeff, superb bow out of that yew. I'm sure he is thrilled and congratulations Mike. Enjoy that fine bow.

Mitch, your guy is going to be elated.

All of you deserve an applause for the effort you are putting forth.

Thank you for getting involved and making my job so easy and rewarding.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
« Reply #3046 on: June 24, 2016, 09:22:46 pm »
Thanks guys - hope my guy likes it as much as I enjoyed making it.

Ajooter - I could have just gone to 28" to make sure it wasn't going to snap - maybe I only needed 27"  :laugh:

Jeff - it is hackberry - my favorite white wood.

Well said Fred.  You did a great job getting this going!

Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
« Reply #3047 on: June 24, 2016, 10:26:05 pm »
Nice Mitch. I hear hackberry makes a snappy bow.
Some really great looking bows on the table!
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #3048 on: June 24, 2016, 11:02:23 pm »
Real nice looking hackberry bow mwosborn.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline bubby

« Reply #3049 on: June 24, 2016, 11:20:33 pm »
Jeff and Swampman  congrats to both of you fellas...hope ya both realize that the bows in our lowly trade are the equal of ANY made by anyone. I would like to say again I'm really proud to be in this trade with all of you fellas.
rich

You know what rich you are the ONLY one that said this was a lowly trade get the chip off your shoulder fer crying out loud ::)
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline DuBois

« Reply #3050 on: June 24, 2016, 11:22:28 pm »
Loope, I love that color fade! Never have been able to get that effect.

MW, man that is a beautiful bow. I'll keep watchin at my front door  ;D

Seeing that yew of Jeff's go to Mike is a little easier looking at the other sweet bows still being made.

I'm off for 5 days after tonight so I am gonna get some time into it soon.

Offline DuBois

« Reply #3051 on: June 25, 2016, 01:13:44 am »
Kids decided to lend a hand with pics during tillering.  ;D

Offline ajooter

« Reply #3052 on: June 25, 2016, 07:54:29 am »
Lookin good Dubois....might be a hair stiff out of that upper fade.  Looks like yoir almost there though.

Offline half eye

« Reply #3053 on: June 25, 2016, 08:59:49 am »
Hey Bubby,

Disclaimer: This is an answer to a personal comment and will not highkack this thread. It's my answer tyo a direct question and will not be re-answered.
     Whats up with gettin personal, eh?  All you A team guys are the ones who got all "exclusive" with your officially PA sponsored, selected trade thread. This trade thread has been "trolled" since it started so maybe I ought to set ya strait on a couple of items.

1. When you set yourselves above everybody else then dont be surprised when some folks dont like getting "talked down to".
2. Your trade is all about what you will get in return for your superior work...not passing it on.
3. A disclaimer on page one , and all the back-peddling in the world will not change what all of you did. "Perception is reality" and you cant hide the perception that you set yourselves above everybody else.
4. If there is any "chips on the shoulder" take a look in a mirror
5. All of you A team guys are all about saying anything to anybody anytime you want to....but now you cry foul when ya get called out for a real bad decision.

Lastly, if ya want to take this outside, then start a thread....I'll be happy to give you some truth....30 to 1 may not be fair odds so get yourself a few more guys, eh 8)
rich

Offline bubby

« Reply #3054 on: June 25, 2016, 09:27:34 am »
First off rich you started the A team crap, you started the B team crap and you are the one that keeps making personal digs!!!! You take everything as a personal attack . our trade isn't an "offically sponsered p.a. trade" just a bunch of us making a personal trade so YOU get your facts straight!! I'm done with this b.s.
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #3055 on: June 25, 2016, 10:03:13 am »
  Jeeesh guy's your going to put the A-team out of business with these beauties... Nice curves Stix and brilliant idea on the rawhide ajooter...I guarantee we will see some more burning on rawhide in the future...
                                                                                                                                        Don
   Bubby,
                           I'm the one that started the A-team, get YOUR facts straight...A lot of PA members here feel separated...What does the A stand for?  >:D
                                                                                                                       Don
P.S. I won't respond further, said my part...
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #3056 on: June 25, 2016, 10:11:38 am »
wow Mitch, that is one sweet hackberry. whoever your guy is will be one lucky fella. Dube's that bendy looks awesome.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline ajooter

« Reply #3057 on: June 25, 2016, 10:20:52 am »
Oh fellas cant we all just get along....i can see reasons on both sides why people may take offense...but in the end we are all here to pursue a hobby that we all love.  I understand with some of the happenings last year why the "invitational" guys did what they did.  I also can see how some of the "annual" trade guys may feel left out.

Lets everybody take the high rode swallow our pride and let it be.  Dont post this stuff on here anyway if ya want to have a pissing match do it in another thread.  It takes away from what we have going here.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #3058 on: June 25, 2016, 10:32:59 am »
Oh fellas cant we all just get along....i can see reasons on both sides why people may take offense...but in the end we are all here to pursue a hobby that we all love.  I understand with some of the happenings last year why the "invitational" guys did what they did.  I also can see how some of the "annual" trade guys may feel left out.

Lets everybody take the high rode swallow our pride and let it be.  Dont post this stuff on here anyway if ya want to have a pissing match do it in another thread.  It takes away from what we have going here.
[/quote

Well spoken. I agree

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #3059 on: June 25, 2016, 11:00:35 am »
Swampman congrats on a super nice yew bow built by JeffP51

Mitch that's a very nice looking bow you built. Love the faded finish work and really like the red and yellow dots down the back

Loop love the faded finish work also. Great job

Dubois nice bow you got there. Does the kids come with it?

I would be happy as a peacock to receive any of these bows.