Author Topic: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information  (Read 693636 times)

Offline dylanholderman

Re: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information
« Reply #3930 on: August 10, 2016, 08:39:32 pm »
you shoot it better than i could :o ;D i'm really glad you like it :)
the horn is water buffalo horn from the pet store. not really a economical way of buying it, you'll pay $10-$15 for a 8oz piece or horn but if your just doing one project or just want to try it out its not bad really.
this was my first time doing english style horn nocks by the way >:D ''Del the Cat'' has a video on youtube showing how he does them and that's the one i found to be the most helpfull.

also i would be absolutely stoked if you take game with a bow i made ;D just make sure you post a pic no matter how big or small it is  ;D

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #3931 on: August 10, 2016, 09:37:55 pm »
Congratulations Mitch, fantastic job Dylan, and thank you both for being a part of this trade.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline David Ewing

« Reply #3932 on: August 10, 2016, 10:16:23 pm »
Welp, this is full draw.
I fixed the arrow rest, glued a piece of walnut in there. Gives it some nice contrast. Too bad it will be covered with leather.

What do you guys think?

"If you want me to agree with you, I can, but then we'd both be wrong"

David

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
« Reply #3933 on: August 10, 2016, 10:21:29 pm »
My daughter volunteered to take a couple of pics...last ones I promise  >:D

Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #3934 on: August 10, 2016, 10:37:45 pm »
David, looking great.

Mitch, we never get tired seeing full draw pics.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
« Reply #3935 on: August 10, 2016, 11:41:17 pm »
Congratulations Mitch, fantastic job Dylan, and thank you both for being a part of this trade.

Fred - it has been my pleasure!  Thank you for getting it started.

David - I think it is bending rather nicely.
Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline kid bow

« Reply #3936 on: August 11, 2016, 05:03:51 am »
https://imgur.com/X4rjirx

On my phone at work so not so sure how it's going to upload. The tips were recurved a bit. Other than that it's a simplistic type of bow. Not really anything close to what is on here on this page. Hope my recipient likes it.

https://imgur.com/3D7GDRO

Deer lace handle with some crudely drawn native art
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 05:07:21 am by kid bow »
i need nothing but my old bow and arrows.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #3937 on: August 11, 2016, 05:36:02 am »
Congrats Mitch and DHM. That's a fine looking bow. It will make meat the way Mitch is shooting.

David pretty that bow up and mail it I think you have a good looking bend right there. If your victim doesn't like it I will take it. And that's no joke. You have hit some rocky roads in this trade and to be the youngest guy in it I've enjoyed watching your talents grow.

Kid Bow also another great looking bow to say the least. Nice bend. Your victim gets the same option as David's. Just ship it on over to south central Ky. I would be proud to own it as well.

Offline kid bow

« Reply #3938 on: August 11, 2016, 05:38:15 am »
Congrats Mitch and DHM. That's a fine looking bow. It will make meat the way Mitch is shooting.

David pretty that bow up and mail it I think you have a good looking bend right there. If your victim doesn't like it I will take it. And that's no joke. You have hit some rocky roads in this trade and to be the youngest guy in it I've enjoyed watching your talents grow.

Kid Bow also another great looking bow to say the least. Nice bend. Your victim gets the same option as David's. Just ship it on over to south central Ky. I would be proud to own it as well.

Thank you gutshot. I appreciate it. I'm sorry for not participating a lot. 3rd shift takes a toll.
i need nothing but my old bow and arrows.

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #3939 on: August 11, 2016, 06:43:49 am »
Kid Bow, very nice bend in that one. I'd day you're ready to ship.

Offline Drewster

« Reply #3940 on: August 11, 2016, 07:09:29 am »
David - Kid Bow - both tiller looking good.  Nice work guys!
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #3941 on: August 11, 2016, 07:46:52 am »
Nice work fellas! David and kid bow, the bend looks good.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #3942 on: August 11, 2016, 08:08:17 am »

the horn is water buffalo horn from the pet store. not really a economical way of buying it, you'll pay $10-$15 for a 8oz piece or horn but if your just doing one project or just want to try it out its not bad really.
this was my first time doing english style horn nocks by the way >:D ''Del the Cat'' has a video on youtube showing how he does them and that's the one i found to be the most helpfull.

I got my my horn from a stick-makers supplier:£14 for four horn-tips including postage. Should make 8 nocks out of them. Thanks for the heads-up on Del's 'how-to' - when looking for it I found the excellent written post on his blog instead, wish I'd seen it about 4 bows ago !

Offline David Ewing

« Reply #3943 on: August 11, 2016, 08:16:51 am »
Thanks guys.

Now I can make it look good! :D
"If you want me to agree with you, I can, but then we'd both be wrong"

David

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #3944 on: August 11, 2016, 05:21:39 pm »
Looks like things are winding down. I think I know everyone's status but if you are ready or have already shipped and haven't received a bow yet please let me know.

It seems like more people should have rec'd bows than what I have listed on my record sheet.