Author Topic: Bows with all the bells and whistles (gifts for my friends)  (Read 37616 times)

Offline half eye

Re: Bows with all the bells and whistles (gifts for my friends)
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2016, 10:36:12 am »
rest of the pics

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2016, 11:31:02 am »
Wow Rich I'm not deserving of a bow of that caliber. Truly a work of art. Lauren started on that string last night. I will get it in the mail today. And red sounds mighty good for that handle wrap.

Offline ajooter

« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2016, 12:22:16 pm »
Very nice rich...I'll have to learn how to shoot lefty!

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2016, 03:40:03 pm »
Rich,
        Those painted scallops? Absolutely off the chain man...Cool idea on the rawhide rest, you got me cogitating now...You can mold rawhide into just about any shape and then it will dry stone hard...Great idea and craftsman ship sir... 8)
                                                                                                                                        Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

JacksonCash

« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2016, 04:53:40 pm »
Rich- You are probably getting tired of everyone oohing and aahing over these- but they all are fantastic looking. Keep the pictures coming.

Offline half eye

« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2016, 05:02:51 pm »
Jackson,
     I appreciate the comments, even though they are somewhat embarrassing to me. I also dont usually make these types of bows, just trying to make them nice for these guys that have been very helpful and giving to me.

Gutshot,
     For all ya done for me ya "deserve" a lot better than I can make sir. Besides we aint gonna really know till it's had the dog poop shot out of it.

Ajooter, after that bow you made for the trade....you dont need anybody making a bow for you, sir.

Don, I believe that you are correct sir. Think ya can make just about anything out of rawhide.....after talkin to ya I think I'm gonna try and make some arrow points out of the stuff....then me and you will know if there is some kind that will work for some type of hunting.

Thanks everybody for the comments.
rich

Offline Parnell

« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2016, 10:04:05 am »
So much work, Rich!  You have a great sense of artistry.  Very impressed.
1’—>1’

Offline JonW

« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2016, 10:41:09 am »
Rich I have made broadheads out of very thick rawhide. You can even double bevel the edge if it's thick enough. Soak it TB glue and it will penetrate.

Rich you and I are obviously friends sir. Even with that said, the effort you put into what you do makes you who you are.   
"Bells and whistles" are just icing on the cake man.

Offline half eye

« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2016, 11:20:35 am »
Jon,
    You and I are indeed friends sir. We know that bows should be measured by how they shoot and nothing else. You and Don and Gutshot have been extremely generous to, and supportive of, me and just thought I'd put some lipstick on 'em....hoping that all of ya take 'em to the deer woods and use 'em up.

Thank you Parnell, but most of mine wont get a second look, these are exceptions sir. Doing something "special" for friends is not work sir.

rich

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2016, 10:17:03 pm »
 8) Rich, I finally got that little sinew backed rascal strung and shot a few. Lotta wompass in that little shortie. Nobody around here to take full draw pics but I'll try to get outside and work the timer on the camera.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline half eye

« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2016, 07:40:57 am »
Man thats a relief Fred...Whats your opinion after ya got her strung up? seems to settle right down to a smooth pullin little bow.
rich

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #191 on: April 16, 2016, 08:19:50 pm »
 Fred,
          Looking forward to a full draw on that bad boy...Rich put some reflex in eh? >:D
                                                                                                                                         Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline half eye

« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2016, 07:09:43 pm »
Well fellas,
      Here is the end of the builds.....got Gutshots bow ready to ship, and got the string he had Ms. Lauren make for it. Color cordinated of course in red and black. Since I can almost put this bow there are the 3 regular shots....followed by a couple of close up shots showing the skin in the sun and the string on the bow. There is one add-on to the upper fineal, which I'm not showing so that some little part is a surprise.

Mr. Burchett, I am NOT responsible for all that reflex, sir >:D >:D >:D Ya need to speak with Mr. DuBois about that 8)

Hoped all of liked the build-along, sorry it took so long.
rich

Offline half eye

« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2016, 07:10:28 pm »
couple of closeup pics

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2016, 08:46:25 pm »
Rich once again you have out done yourself. 1st of all I would like to thank you. That is a outstanding peice of work you've done there. 2nd I will take that bow straight to the turkey woods to see if I can get a turkey this spring with it. 3rd it will for sure go to the deer woods this fall. Can't wait to shoot it and get use to shooting it. Thanks Rich