Author Topic: Musings...  (Read 5052 times)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: Musings...
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 08:46:29 pm »
Good people here, Joachim. For sure, Beadman. The TBB's did a lot for the art. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Parnell

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 09:24:06 pm »
Thumbs up George, as a high school science teacher and appreciative member! ;) :)
1’—>1’

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 09:30:34 pm »
Not only has PA been a great source of information, its lead me to events like the Classic, Marshall, Cloverdale, and Moontree.  Getting to know and spend time with some of the incredible people on this forum has been a blessing to me. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 10:52:29 pm »
Thanks for your musings George.
Well said Sir.

+1, Thanks bud!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 01:47:14 am »
George, I have learned a great deal from your input.  It is people like you that have made it possible for people like to me to be successful almost from the first attempt on.  I am a teacher too, and it is a great feeling to see your students succeed.  You have every right to be proud of your work on this site--and your students have to have been lucky to have you as a teacher too.

thanks to you and this site for the classiness that continues to make it one of the best places on the web.

Offline Dances with squirrels

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 06:06:13 am »
Yeah, this site is ok I guess  ;)
Straight wood may make a better bow, but crooked wood makes a better bowyer

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 06:51:32 am »
Well said George :).
We help to pass it on and I've found over the years that those who give freely of their knowledge reap the rewards many fold, sometimes in unexpected ways.
Sure I get plenty of "messers" who say they want to visit and never do, but I don't get discouraged. All it takes is one person to take that seed and let it grow. Even the young lad who is too wrapped up in other stuff will one day return to making bows with a better understanding and more patience.
(The ones that get to me switch off are those who ask, don't listen and then start trying to tell me how to do it.... ::) )
The internet and especially this site is a wonderful resource and I've met some wonderful people.
I raise my hat to you all, and those pioneers who started out the reawakening.
The international nature of our craft is very heartwarming. :)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 07:04:58 am »
Thanks Jawges , well said and so true.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 08:15:14 am »
      Not a day has gone by in almost 20 years that I don't feel gratitude for this hobby and the people here that I have met. Every aspect of my life has gotten better because of it.

Offline George Tsoukalas

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 08:27:55 am »
Thanks. I wish I had this site when I started. I would have had a hunting weight  bow sooner than I did.
Jawge
Set Happens!

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 07:48:13 pm »
Well said George, this is a great site for bringing together people with a similar fire for bow making and primitive skills. I was making bows for about a dozen years before stumbling onto this site and other than picking up the magazine when I saw it on the rack occasionally I had no idea there were so many other people out there that were as passionate about primitive bow making. And all of them here are were willing to share ideas and knowledge. Once I signed on I could not believe the generosity and overall friendly spirit of the the group here. It got me going to the events and from that I have made some of the best friends I've had in my life. It is always a great time getting together with these guys for a weekend of camping and all around fun times. So for all those reasons I'm very glad this site exist. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline George Tsoukalas

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2016, 09:10:36 pm »
Badly Bent, archery for me was always private. as bow making. I shot with my brother and later with my daughter. Then came the internet and that changed all of that. Now, of course, I continue to shoot with family but now I can share my passion with more people.
Jawge
Set Happens!

Offline bubby

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2016, 09:19:31 pm »
Jawge don't down play your contribution to this site, I still push your site to new guys
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline George Tsoukalas

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2016, 09:55:42 am »
Thanks, bubby.
What i've been noticing the past few years is that the newer generation of bowyers is stepping up and answering questions.
Which is great.
Jawge
Set Happens!

Offline DC

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2016, 11:30:21 am »
I'm 68. A while ago I asked a question of some sort and got a good answer. Some time after that I found out that the advise giver was 13. I was rather taken aback but finally smartened up and told myself that good advise is good advise. Don't matter who it comes from.