Author Topic: going for bankruptcy ( 70@28 49"ttt pics added ) chrono numbers pg 6 NOW SINEWED  (Read 37743 times)

Offline sleek

Lol, knew you couldn't stop, you're an edge pusher for sure. Luckily you seem to be pretty damn good at it as evidenced by these self bows that are damn near horn bow specs, lol.

Thanks. That is my goal.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Dictionary

What is the life expectancy on this monstrous thing? I'm just waiting for you to post a picture of it in pieces lol. And man that handle is ugly
"I started developing an eye for those smooth curves as a young man.  Now that my hair is greying and my middle spreading I make bows instead."

-JW_Halverson

Offline sleek

Life expectancy? I dont expect anything!

Offline sleek

Here it is drying its sinew taking on its new shape.

Offline loon

reminds me a bit of this 200+fps at 10gpp glass bow's shape

Offline Josh B

Seeing your force draw curve on an actual graph changes the perspective a bit.  What I thought was stack is clearly just a slight flaw in your precision measuring system. ;)   That's good.  I'm wondering how the latest adjustment is going to affect the performance.  I wouldn't think you will gain much in string tension, but I could be wrong.  Josh

Offline sleek

Offline sleek

Loon, I certainly see a resemblance. I need to get mine reflexing earlier for that shape though, and I am still going through stages if experimentation before I reach althat and understand why what shapes work and dont.

Offline sleek

Seeing your force draw curve on an actual graph changes the perspective a bit.  What I thought was stack is clearly just a slight flaw in your precision measuring system. ;)   That's good.  I'm wondering how the latest adjustment is going to affect the performance.  I wouldn't think you will gain much in string tension, but I could be wrong.  Josh

In this new profile, I am going for 2 inches of retained reflex. In the above pic it has 2 3/4" reflex. Sinew is still curing and shrinking, we will see what that does for me.

With the induced reflex, and I am going to tiller it down to 65@28 rather than 75@28, the belly should have fresh new wood for compreasion. We will see how it works out. I really am hoping for better early draw weight.

Offline sleek

I think, when I start tillering this back, I am going to get the tips to start bending first, then try anf move the tiller to the inner limbs. That way the inner limbs release their energy first, and the tips act like the flick of the wrist as a ball is pitched.

Offline DuBois

Gnarly Kevin!
Keep pushin it buddy  ;)
Got a skull out of the dirt with your name on it and it looks pretty good...except for the bullet hole in the forehead.

Offline PatM

I think, when I start tillering this back, I am going to get the tips to start bending first, then try anf move the tiller to the inner limbs. That way the inner limbs release their energy first, and the tips act like the flick of the wrist as a ball is pitched.

This seems like a tricky proposition. Which part will bend in order to achieve brace?

Offline Badger

reminds me a bit of this 200+fps at 10gpp glass bow's shape

I am convinced this is the optimum design, maybe 30% less bending limb.

Offline PatM

So basically a Turkish bow....

Offline Badger

So basically a Turkish bow....

Pretty much but you can't do it with wood.