Author Topic: rant  (Read 15665 times)

Offline PatM

Re: rant
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2016, 08:25:46 pm »
Oh I know that but it's the people who I thought would be tolerant that surprised me.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2016, 05:22:03 am »
WOW, still going. ??? PatM I am a very tolerant person, but not very open minded at all, I don't really care what you or others do or think as long as it doesn't effect me or my family, but I do know what I think is right and wrong and not much could be said to change my mind, so open minded I am not. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

JacksonCash

« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2016, 12:40:39 pm »
WOW, still going. ??? PatM I am a very tolerant person, but not very open minded at all, I don't really care what you or others do or think as long as it doesn't effect me or my family, but I do know what I think is right and wrong and not much could be said to change my mind, so open minded I am not. ;) :) :)
 Pappy

Thats a very good way of putting the distiction in words, Pappy. Tolerance of an idea and embracing an idea are not the same thing.

Offline make-n-break

« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2016, 01:03:31 pm »
I didn't read all the comments because they started going South a little bit, but no network TV for me. I watch "Naked and Afraid" on my lunch break at work and that's enough for my whole day. I can't stand it for the same reasons. The commercials are ridiculous and the shows are nothing but smut garbage to rot your brain and keep us occupied in our tiny little self absorbed universes. Entertain us... and we're less likely to pay any attention to the bigger problems at hand. I feel the same way about big sports - nothing but distraction on a massive scale. No thanks.
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline PatM

« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2016, 02:11:25 pm »
 It's hard to be tolerant without being open minded. ;)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2016, 10:15:19 pm »
Awww, it's caught a second breath.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline jimmy

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2016, 12:42:20 pm »
I turned my idiot box completely off four years ago.  Homosexuality is an unnatural sexual deviation.  I do care care what others do in the world, regardless of whether it affects me and my family or not, because the world and morality don't revolve around me and my own personal views, and immorality/scandalous behavior always affect someone.  There is only one truth fellas, sorry.  That truth exists regardless of how any individual might "feel".  How's that for PC? ;)

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2016, 04:37:37 pm »
Well, you're entitled to that view but it's technically incorrect. Homosexuality appears in pair bonding animals in nature at about the same rates as it does in humans, so the whole "unnatural" thing is just not true.

Offline PatM

« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2016, 10:27:40 pm »
I turned my idiot box completely off four years ago.  Homosexuality is an unnatural sexual deviation.  I do care care what others do in the world, regardless of whether it affects me and my family or not, because the world and morality don't revolve around me and my own personal views, and immorality/scandalous behavior always affect someone.  There is only one truth fellas, sorry.  That truth exists regardless of how any individual might "feel".  How's that for PC? ;)

Ever see a video of our closest relatives, the Bonobo?   Or a herd of bachelor sheep?   ;D

Offline jimmy

« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2016, 11:51:16 am »
I don't know about you guys, but I'm not an animal, I was made in the likeness of God.  So I guess I'll rephrase.  Two dudes kissin is a deveation from the divine image we were created in.  I tried to avoid it, in order to comply with the board rules, but there it is.  In all fairness, sex and sex in media is out of control, whether it be hetero, homo, bi, or any flavor that a given perverse mind might dream up.  TV RIP.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2016, 12:39:12 pm »
Ugh...this still has breath? ::)
1’—>1’

Offline Josh B

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2016, 12:46:43 pm »
This can go nowhere but downhill.  Folks please....PLEASE let this thread die the ignoble death it deserves.  Josh

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2016, 01:02:04 pm »
If it doesn't die on it's own, I'll kill it!   >:(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2016, 01:08:27 pm »
Please do Pat,
it is disappointing to see some of the comments made here.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin