Author Topic: Christmas Trade Pics.  (Read 89215 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Christmas Trade Pics.
« Reply #405 on: January 05, 2017, 10:43:01 am »
Looks good swamp thang! Barefoot huh? It's 18 degrees here today.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #406 on: January 05, 2017, 11:12:13 am »
Swap Thang that's been on my list of things to make for awhile now. Looks nice no tee- shirts and bare feet here. Dang that wind is brutal again. Our coyote tracking snow is gone but it's cold and windy
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #407 on: January 05, 2017, 01:28:58 pm »

18 below here lately!  I don't even dress like that IN THE HOUSE these days!  Starting to really think this move to Arizona isn't such a bad idea.

Can you post a little more about the take down aspect of the Atlatl dart?  I'm interested.

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Swamp Thang

« Reply #408 on: January 05, 2017, 05:30:35 pm »
Sure thing. Trying to find a good resized to show the detail any suggest ions?  Also I'm on a phone so it should be android friendly

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #409 on: January 05, 2017, 05:37:49 pm »
The pics I uploaded were on my phone. I just cropped it if needed then set it 600 for whichever way was bigger and let it just work out the other.
Trevor

Offline Swamp Thang

« Reply #410 on: January 05, 2017, 06:06:28 pm »
Yeah it's been a steady 60 to 70 degrees here I tend to run around barefooted down til 35°.

Offline Swamp Thang

« Reply #411 on: January 05, 2017, 07:55:22 pm »
Swap Thang that's been on my list of things to make for awhile now. Looks nice no tee- shirts and bare feet here. Dang that wind is brutal again. Our coyote tracking snow is gone but it's cold

I have another piece of Iron Works rivercane if you want it I can ship it home or cut it in half for you
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 09:33:24 pm by Swamp Thang »

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #412 on: January 05, 2017, 08:23:43 pm »
I finally finished up the last item for my offering.  I am waiting for my shop to warm up (-10 here tonight) and I will be working on packaging everything up.  I plan to go to the Post Office on Saturday. 

Mike

Offline Swamp Thang

« Reply #413 on: January 05, 2017, 10:57:32 pm »
No way man that's insane I'll take my triple digit heat index plus astronomical humidity anyday over that

Offline Swamp Thang

« Reply #414 on: January 06, 2017, 09:18:37 am »

18 below here lately!  I don't even dress like that IN THE HOUSE these days!  Starting to really think this move to Arizona isn't such a bad idea.

Can you post a little more about the take down aspect of the Atlatl dart?  I'm interested.

As requested.....it is still green as I harvested  it and began the process.

The main component is rivercane with pin oak inserts which I whittled and sanded down to form the tightest friction fit possible, on the middle I poured a healthy amount of wood glue in one end and using gravity with a lil thrust slammed the rivercane six inches onto the pin oak dowel let sit. The tip is glass from a Jagger bottle with pine pitch and wrappings are done using a serving style wrap from my back up bow string : ( the fletchings were harvested from my aunts turkeys. Total length is and 6'5". Everything organic I harvested myself.

More pics to come when service is better.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 09:18:08 pm by Swamp Thang »

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #415 on: January 06, 2017, 06:20:06 pm »
mark me as shipped--finally.  I can now move from feeling guilty about being so slow to feeling anxious because I still haven't got my gift either.  I call it carma.

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #416 on: January 07, 2017, 11:12:58 am »
Mark me as shipped too.  I hoped to ship sooner than this but I finally finished.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #417 on: January 07, 2017, 02:33:17 pm »
So far 22 out of 33 people has shipped & 18 out of 33 people has received.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #418 on: January 07, 2017, 03:48:04 pm »
I checked the USPS tracker number on the box I sent and it was listed as delivered. The recipient hasn't posted though.

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #419 on: January 08, 2017, 02:57:15 am »
I've been immobilized with an upper respiratory infection since new years. It finally broke today and I got back to work, so I'm a bit behind where I'd like to be with my gift. A couple more nights at the fly tying bench and I'll have it ready to go. The fly box turned out pretty sweet though. If I would have made it a bit smaller I could probably could fill it faster though. Oh well, those extra flies will come in handy if my guy casts any thing like I do.

I will include instructions for fishing the flies from a spinning rod too, just in case my guy lacks the proper equipment. They should be more or less equally effective regardless of set up. I have a few other odds and ends ready to go as well.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna