Author Topic: Broadheads  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Trapper Rob

Broadheads
« on: November 13, 2016, 03:45:08 pm »
What is your favorite glue on broadhead I've been looking at the different ones at 3 Rivers.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Broadheads
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 05:39:17 pm »
Any 2 blade fixed head is good by me. Zwickey, Magnus, Ace, STOS, Eclipse, Grizzly. They all sharpen nice and work well. I like the Zwickey 3 packs as far as pricing.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 05:40:32 pm »
I like Grizzlys and Wensel Woodsmans(3 blade) but have also used Zwickey and Ribteck
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Blayne

• Top Predator Outdoors
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 06:44:04 pm »
Agree with the above. Grizzly single bevel is easy to sharpen, as are the three blades. I avoid any stainless blades because of sharpening my ineptitude. Sharpening ease is my main deciding factor for sure.
"A society grows great when old men plant trees under who shade they will never sit" Greek Proverb

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 08:56:17 pm »
I like Zwickey, Bear Greenies, and Pearson Deadheads.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 12:47:32 am »
Simmons sharks. Order direct from his site.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 04:04:58 am »
I prefer 2 blades. Have a handful of Journeyman left over (out of business), but Ya just can't beat Bear Greenies in My humble opinion. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 10:15:46 am »
I like all that were mentioned.Put deer down with each kind.Zwickey,stos,grizzly mostly,but mostly I'd like a shot at a deer with them....ha ha ha.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 07:34:28 am »
I use the Ace 160 or 200 depending on what I need up front for spline purposes. I have used most of the above mentioned over the years buy always come back to Ace. :) Plus I like dealing with Bob the owner, great guy. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Blind Dog

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 08:34:45 am »
The 2-blade Ace 125 standard or the Zwickey Delta 2-blade. Third choice is the original Magnus 2-blade.