Author Topic: On the backs of Giants  (Read 3383 times)

Offline soy

• pm106221
Re: On the backs of Giants
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 02:30:45 pm »
 ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 06:20:26 pm »
Many years ago when I was trying to learn to knap I just about wore out my pickup going from Wyoming, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Texas.  Never found a place that I really felt welcome.  Same goes for the skydiving community.  That is until I went to my first Classic!  When I pulled in I was met at the pickup door and welcomed by Greg to the Classic.  I say with all my heart that the people I met there are the best by far of all my years of State trotting.  I cannot begin to tell you how they influenced my thinking about the generosity of a few great people.  I have to admit most of my time there has been just soaking in all the skills and sharing of knowledge to anyone interested.  My wife and I live in a remote area and being able to keep up with all the doings is my link to sanity.  I like to think my experience there has made a better person out of me. My brag is that I rubbed shoulders with the very best people I have ever met!  Pappy and Miss Joanie have spent much of their lives making the Classic possible.  Joe

Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 08:28:13 pm »
Scott.. Wonderful job of putting to words what most of us feel.. Well done... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 09:06:33 pm »
Scott,
Well said, I've read it twice already, I'm kinda at a loss for words, the people in this community are just cut from a different kind of cloth.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 09:17:28 pm »
AMEN my brother !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2016, 09:43:28 pm »
You said it all, Scott, I'm glad to call you a friend. I remember the look on your wife's face when you loaded all of those Coral boulders in your van with you kids in the back seats when you guys were down here on vacation. That must have been a long drive back home with those in the van.

And Tim, Joe and Pappy, you nailed it. I don't toss around the "brother" moniker very much but when it comes to Pappy, I truly mean it.I haven't seen Tim in years and i've learned a wealth of knowledge talking to Joe. I hope he keeps coming to the Classic with his sweet wife.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?