Author Topic: What's up NY!?  (Read 11081 times)

Offline LittleBen

What's up NY!?
« on: January 04, 2017, 10:29:15 am »
Upstatenybowyer has been on a roll recently, and his last thread on black walnut had a lot of responses from other upstaters.

Got me thinking that it would be cool to think about a meet-up of some kind for upstaters. I know upstatenybowyer is in Rochester because his profile says so.

I'm near Albany.

Anyone else out there interested in something like this?

Where you guys at?

-Ben

Offline MulchMaker

Re: What's up NY!?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 11:30:52 am »
I am game!! Although I am pretty green at this. But I'd love to meet more people that do this lovely craft of ours. Maybe meet at a state park bring a couple of targets.... you guys can laugh at my store bought bow and arrows. Well unless I get one done that doesn't break by then lol. I am near Auburn NY

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 11:38:07 am »
I hope you guys can enough interest to have a small gathering.  It's a good way to learn and share knowledge.  It's also a good opportunity to do some trading without paying for shipping.  Take some pictures and post them if you end up gathering.  Good luck!

This is how the Moontree event started.  A few guys got together to work on some bows one weekend in central KY.  It has turned into a yearly gathering with some great friends. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 01:14:49 pm »
I'm in Katonah NY and would be interested, if not too far to the gathering.  I am about 2 hours from Albany.  Also, there is another guy or two near me that would likely attend as well. 

Russ 

Offline ajooter

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 05:36:44 pm »
I'm right in Latham just North of Albany....let's make this happen fellas!

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 05:59:08 pm »
What up?! Sorry it took me so long to reply to this post, been workin. I'm all about it. Albany is about 4 hrs, but I'm certainly willing to drive. It would take some finagling, as I have a wife and 2 young kids, but with enough lead time, I'm sure I could pull it off. Maybe we could find a park somewhere in the middle, say around Utica, and reserve a cabin for the day. Just a thought.  ;)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Green Mountain Man

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 06:35:47 pm »
I still have a place north of Troy,,im back and fourth between my VT place
But im still in the capitol distric quite often
To ride,shoot straight and speak the truth

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 07:33:12 pm »

Nice. I consider myself a VT man as well (although the true Vermonters would disagree). Lived there 8 years and even established residency. I was up in Johnson. I miss it a lot.
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 07:56:35 pm »
Hmmmm I'm in Geneva,,,got a few buddy's in to this ,I'm game JeffW

Offline BSV

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 08:16:21 pm »
I'm in Auburn and would love to...Burt

Offline Green Mountain Man

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 08:57:06 pm »

Nice. I consider myself a VT man as well (although the true Vermonters would disagree). Lived there 8 years and even established residency. I was up in Johnson. I miss it a lot.

Had nuff of the empire state,,so we bought a big chunk in the green mountains and we've been transitioning gradually
We're almost there i still work in NY but i can transfer so just alittle bit longer
To ride,shoot straight and speak the truth

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 09:22:32 pm »

Had nuff of the empire state,,so we bought a big chunk in the green mountains and we've been transitioning gradually
We're almost there i still work in NY but i can transfer so just alittle bit longer

There's nothing like VT.  8)

Nigerian Proverb

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 09:23:17 pm »
Man, we've got plenty of bowyers here in NY! Represent.   8)

Nigerian Proverb

Offline ajooter

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 09:31:20 pm »
I like the idea of a central spot in Utica.  Campground sounds good.  Sometime this summer should be good.  I can start looking at campgrounds and see what's available.  We should start getting a list of people together to see just how many people we are talking about and we can plan accordingly.

Who knows....we may even get some out of staters!! ;)

Offline MulchMaker

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 09:52:38 pm »
Summer sounds good, should give me enough time to make a bow  and more arrows so I don't have to show up with my yard sale special, 6 beautiful handmade shoot arrows and bunch of carbon/aluminum arrows lol!! Put me on the list