Author Topic: mojam 2017  (Read 114468 times)

Offline Patches

Re: mojam 2017
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2017, 09:12:52 am »
Usually it's two guys head to head. We could set it up with the clays in two vertical lines easy enough. Maybe a buck a round and split the pot with the club.
But we'd need an impartial, (and sober..  ::) ) Judge/scorekeeper.

We may have to recruit outside our group for that position. 

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2017, 10:53:06 am »
I'm always sittin' on the fence . . . . . .      ;)
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2017, 12:03:16 pm »
Usually it's two guys head to head. We could set it up with the clays in two vertical lines easy enough. Maybe a buck a round and split the pot with the club.
But we'd need an impartial, (and sober..  ::) ) Judge/scorekeeper.

We may have to recruit outside our group for that position. 

Neal

Yeah, maybe one of the kids could do it for us..?  ???
 ;)

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2017, 09:21:01 pm »
I think we should have the birthday boy Loyd be the judge.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2017, 09:49:12 am »

That's kind of a dubious honor...   ???
 ;)  :D

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2017, 12:40:49 pm »

That's kind of a dubious honor...   ???
 ;)  :D

Would he be obliged to maintain sobriety?  That hardly sounds fair!  ...or likely! - OneBow

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2017, 11:28:44 pm »
At his age he can do whatever he wants. Lol I'm thinking a Dutch oven birthday cake and a mojam family happy Birthday song on Saturday, or on his actual birthda. I think it's Friday...
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Patches

« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2017, 08:48:33 am »
This is Robin from the Marshall Bowhunters. If you let me know what size carpet, we have a guy in the club that lays carpet. I will get a piece from him and have ready. We got our tube in, but we have to slightly adjust the running pig .Also does any one know the guy from Iowa that is an artist? He put some prints in the auction two years ago. Last year he said he wanted to help with t-shirt art, but didn't leave his number.

Robin, Beadman knows the guy. I will send his contact info in a pm. He said give him a call.

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline just robin

« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2017, 11:33:36 am »
Thanks Patches. I got in touch with him and he is on them.
The carpet for the back stop was dropped off last night.
Getting closer every day!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2017, 01:11:03 pm »
Thanks Patches. I got in touch with him and he is on them.
The carpet for the back stop was dropped off last night.
Getting closer every day!

I'll buy the lumber and the hardware to frame up the Jug Pully balance device this weekend and get it knocked together.

OneBow

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2017, 01:26:51 pm »
Wooooo Hooooooo . . . Shootin' at clay targets and water jugs!
And the yearly runnin' pig. And clout shoot. And 3D courses.
Some may not have time to work on a bow!

Save your gallon water/milk jugs, fellas. For the jug shoot mens "finals", maybe switch from gallon jugs to 1/2 gallon?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:13:57 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Patches

« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2017, 03:08:56 pm »
  I will start asking family and friends to save jugs.  I can bring two liter soda bottles, but we don't use much milk.

I really think I need to make a bunch more arrows before MoJam starts. Have a feeling will be losing or breaking several this year. 

Neal

Offline just robin

« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2017, 03:44:32 pm »
Also, the city of Marshall is having Day In The Park on the Saturday of MO-Jam. They close the park and there is a car show, arts and crafts fair, vendors, kids games and such. Last year it was later in the year and they had a big turn out. The park has been promoting MO-Jam in their advertising. We will have a sign directing people down, so maybe we can get some more foot traffic through. It will draw a few thousand people to the park.

Offline Patches

« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2017, 04:10:42 pm »
Do they close all vehicle traffic coming in and out of Indian Hills Park Friday evening and Saturday?

Where do they actually start closing the park?  Do you know if the showers will still be available that day?

Sorry for a lot of questions... This may affect some of my plans for Saturday with some of my family coming up. 

Neal

Offline just robin

« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2017, 04:16:01 pm »
I think they are going to close it right after our entrance. You will still be able to drive down our road.
Only closed to thru traffic on Saturday.
I will ask about showers.