Author Topic: mojam 2017  (Read 113813 times)

Offline gifford

Re: mojam 2017
« Reply #225 on: July 05, 2017, 09:30:18 am »
Dave - the MR 340, wow, that's a serious undertaking (no pun intended). I've watched the beginning of it a couple times, whew, this old Ozark float guy has no business out there with the professionals.

Do you use a canoe or kayak?

Wishing you the best of luck and stay safe, the Mighty MO is not to be underestimated.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:37:05 am by gifford »

Offline gifford

« Reply #226 on: July 05, 2017, 09:36:21 am »
Hey Bob, will check it out as soon as I get there. I can bring an extension cord. Will be cleaning out the 'Silver Streak' no telling what I'll find in there. Maybe the tools I misplaced from the last MoJAM or two.

Dave needs the beard for his stash of caffeine pills.

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #227 on: July 05, 2017, 11:36:34 am »
I will be there in 2 weeks and about 1 hour...  :OK  I have lots of cords, but I sure need access to that pole...  :) 

Dave can do it... but the apple pie will have to be at the finish line... not in the canoe...  ;D

Today I will get started on some kids arrows for the auction...
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #228 on: July 05, 2017, 01:15:39 pm »
Good deal Bob,  your kids arrows always go over good! We will find you some power bud!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #229 on: July 05, 2017, 04:36:52 pm »
Thanks for the support guys! Im gonna need it. ;) ill be in a kayak for sure, but some will be in canoes. I prefer the kayak. Apple pie at the end for sure. I agree, the Missouri river doesnt allow mistakes.

Two weeks to go. Wow. Time flies. Bob, im sure the pole will have a spot for you, maybe a good power strip wouod help out? A
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline loyd

« Reply #230 on: July 05, 2017, 04:48:13 pm »
i talked to butch and he will be camping this year
said mudd would come for a day, have a gal. of apple pie that a friend is sending. see you all in 2 weeks

Offline feathersnwood

« Reply #231 on: July 05, 2017, 05:52:23 pm »
Just a couple of weeks till we get there !! Wyatt can't wait to get there. Just to let everyone know that Saturday is my Sheryl's birthday!! hope there is something good at the auction I can buy her for her present ! Gifford glad to hear your surgery went well!! Patrick glad to hear you are going to make it . Counting the days till MOJAM ! Sure would like to thank Paul for talking us into going last year ,
 Can't see us not going now !! Andy
lets get back to the basics

Offline gifford

« Reply #232 on: July 05, 2017, 06:21:46 pm »
Hey Loyd, glad to hear you're coming too. So ol' Mudd is making the trek. good deal.

Andy, thanks, looking forward to see y'all again.

Looks like the gang is all reporting in. Super..

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #233 on: July 05, 2017, 07:56:48 pm »
Good to hear from you Loyd! Ill have to swing by and see about getting a slice of pie!  :NN

Andy,  looking forward to seeing you guys! Im sure you will find something for your gal!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #234 on: July 05, 2017, 10:57:15 pm »
I'm up next to Marshall this week doing some work.  I was just outside and I gotta tell you guys, despite the little bit of rain, if we have weather this nice for MOJAM, the evenings at the bow pavilion are going to be AWESOME!!!  It's 72 degrees out there right now!

My Darling wife is putting the new camping gear into the camping trailer this week while I'm out on the road working.  It's awesome to have good help like her!!!  My son Wil is planning to be at the camp early, but has to leave by Wednesday for some summer project or other of his.  Really looking forward to making it a great MOJAM year!

I spoke with the plant manager at the Hiland Dairy in Springfield about getting clean empty milk jugs for the jug shoot and he is getting some made up for me.  I bought the hardware to make the pulley system and poles but have not yet assembled or tested out the device.  So far the plans are all just in my head.  I heard that a club member in Marshall has gotten us a piece of carpet for the back drop/arrow stop.  I need to know the size of it, so I can make sure the frame is designed correctly.  Does anybody know how big the carpet that was donated is?

Also, does anyone that is coming happen to have a drone copter that is setup to do photography?  If so, it might be cool to get some pix that way...

OneBow

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #235 on: July 06, 2017, 01:16:21 am »
Thats great Eric! Now,  if we can just figure out how to make these darn mosquito's go away! I looked at the weather for mojam,  looks like it may not be as terribly hot this year compared to others.  And the night time temps in the low 70 to upper 60.

So im trying to get in my head what to bring for kthe bow shop this year.  Does anyone have a flemish string jig they can bring? I will have my tillering tree,  my R/D caul, C-clamps, heat gun,  fan,  and maybe my shave horse if I have room.

Patrick   

Offline JonW

« Reply #236 on: July 06, 2017, 08:06:55 am »
I will bring my string jig Pat. Also a caul or three, my sander and other what nots.

Offline just robin

« Reply #237 on: July 06, 2017, 08:31:12 am »
OneBow,
 One piece of carpet is 10x12. He dropped two pieces, not sure of second size. I will make a frame to hold the back stop. How big do you need it?
   Thanks

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #238 on: July 06, 2017, 01:51:06 pm »
Is plastic gallon milk/water jug availability in hand?
Someone had access to lots of 'em . . . but just wanna make sure.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Patches

« Reply #239 on: July 06, 2017, 02:13:26 pm »
Is plastic gallon milk/water jug availability in hand?
Someone had access to lots of 'em . . . but just wanna make sure.

Mike, Eric says he is working on it but I am not sure if they are in hand yet or not. 
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."