Author Topic: mojam 2017  (Read 113800 times)

Offline Mad Max

Re: mojam 2017
« Reply #270 on: July 11, 2017, 08:49:34 pm »
 :OK
I would rather fail trying to do something above my means, Than to succeed at something beneath my means.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #271 on: July 11, 2017, 10:05:07 pm »
Has anyone heard from Lenny or Sal?

Neal
I've been e-mailing Lennie from time to time and he's planning on being there. Sal used to come about every other year but that was before he had a kid...

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #272 on: July 12, 2017, 10:50:17 am »
Yes we will be in attendance although the kids may only appear on Saturday as they are working. I'm building up my tolerance by working up some osage splits each morning for a few hours. I've got a dozen done, another twenty on the pile. Sweating to death each morning is my form of exercise.

Also inventoried my bow wood and I have 80 osage splits (not counting the stuff I'm working up), 20 other wood splits, and 25 sets of billets. Wife said I have enough, then before I could respond she said "I know, crazy talk".

Can someone put me down or two XL t-shirts please?
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline gifford

« Reply #273 on: July 12, 2017, 11:13:10 am »
Hey Lenny - good hear you've been enjoying the current stretch of our dee-lightful Mizzura weather. That is heap of staves, splits and billets.

Just a week to go.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #274 on: July 12, 2017, 11:23:19 am »
Thinking that we may find a bit of appetite at some point while we are at MOJAM,  ...I've got a barrel smoked spatchcocked turkey going over some chunks of green maple wood.  'Spatchcocked' is one of those fancy culinary words for "cut in half and flattened out by removing the spine of the bird".  They sure look pretty, but they smell even better!!!  I'll get this smoked most the way through, then I'll vacuum bag it and stick it in the freezer.  It should be about perfect to heat it up Saturday night.

OneBow

Offline Mad Max

« Reply #275 on: July 12, 2017, 12:01:12 pm »
yea
2 Xlarge t's for me
Thank you
I would rather fail trying to do something above my means, Than to succeed at something beneath my means.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #276 on: July 12, 2017, 01:19:57 pm »
Man that looks good Eric!
I can't hardly wait to get off work tomorrow! Lots of changes going on for me the next two weeks.  But mojam will be a welcomed change of pace!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #277 on: July 12, 2017, 02:09:26 pm »
I've got nothing packed yet, nothing planned yet. And will be there Sunday morning. I'm paddling from Hermann to St. Charles on Saturday and I might try and find somewhere to paddle around Marshall. Any ideas?

See you all soon!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline mobow

« Reply #278 on: July 12, 2017, 04:29:19 pm »
wow. a guy leaves town for a couple of weeks and misses all of the excitement on here.  It will not be long now.  Look forward to seeing everyone.  I have nothing planed for seminars so will hit people up as I see you.  If you have something you would like to do let me know.  Dan, I will ask my daughter to do another arrow shirt design for next year.  Hard to believe next year will be number 20.  Dave there are a couple of nice rivers close by that would be good paddle practice for you.  The Lamine is one and it is a pretty calm body of water that has small boat traffic on it.  The other is called the Missouri River.  Bigger boats on it.  Keith

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #279 on: July 12, 2017, 05:36:54 pm »
Well, I just picked up the clean brand new Milk Jugs from Hiland Dairy.  We have 96 of them plus whatever others have collected.  This should be fun!

OneBow

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #280 on: July 12, 2017, 07:12:10 pm »
You'll have to pack a lunch when your filling them up with water....:)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #281 on: July 12, 2017, 07:18:02 pm »
Wow, that is awesome! Thanks Hiland Dairy!

DBar,  thats what the kids are for!

Glad to hear you are going to make it on Sunday Dave.  I won't deny it, I was a little bummed when you said you wasn't going to make it till Wednesday. 

By this time 2 days from now Eric and I will be there setting up camp!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #282 on: July 12, 2017, 07:51:38 pm »
I've got two sets of ground quivers ready for the jug shoot.
Can't help on the jugs though as the daughter is lactose intolerant.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #283 on: July 12, 2017, 11:48:21 pm »
I've got two sets of ground quivers ready for the jug shoot.
Can't help on the jugs though as the daughter is lactose intolerant.

I'm not fluent in the language of Das Vaterland, but I'm told that "Lactose intolerant" is German for "Beer Drinker".  :D :D :D

OneBow

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #284 on: July 12, 2017, 11:54:43 pm »
You'll have to pack a lunch when your filling them up with water....:)
DBar

Thanx!!!  That's a good reminder sir!  Note to self, 'pack the long hose!'  I'm thinking I'll hand them the jugs empty and let them do a self serve water fill.  :OK :OK :OK

OneBow