Author Topic: It followed me home thread  (Read 253710 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: It followed me home thread
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2017, 09:02:28 pm »
I've thought of that Guy.  I made sure to ask them if I could get a refund if it broke.  I wear glasses now so my eyes will be protected
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2017, 09:47:47 pm »
I got these at a auction today $1 for the rasp and $20 for the draw knife.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2017, 09:55:31 pm »
Nice finds.  What are the names on the rasp and draw knife. 

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2017, 10:07:37 am »
This hammer old chalk box and I think the other three items are for putting screens in with but if I'm wrong please tell me what there for followed me home Saturday. These where some of my grandpas tools

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2017, 02:53:48 pm »
Nice finds.  What are the names on the rasp and draw knife.

On the draw knife the only thing I can see on it looks like waton and the file it says America made in the USA.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2017, 04:51:13 pm »
Gutshot, I like the pistol grip on that silver roller.  That looks like it could be a screen tool.

Joe, Could you bring the draw knife and rasp to moontree?  I'd like to get a closer look at them. 

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2017, 05:33:56 pm »
Gutshot, I like the pistol grip on that silver roller.  That looks like it could be a screen tool.

yes I can

Joe, Could you bring the draw knife and rasp to moontree?  I'd like to get a closer look at them.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2017, 03:06:07 pm »
Sure would like to know what this tool is? It is by JW Speaker Corp. and was my grandad's. I guess it could be something to do with old head lights but it is bench mounted and does something. It might work for a bow vice. The other old tools are his also but the hatchet is one I got as a kid. I put the honey locust handle on the brass hammer. Some stuff has some markings. Ask if you want the names or symbols.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2017, 03:40:53 pm »
That's an old inner tube hot patch tool.  That hatchet looks like a Norlund.  Those are very cool.  Pearly gave me a small Norlund hatchet.  I need to replace the handle on it.  The ax is a Jersey style head.  The cross peen hammer needs brought back to life.  Thanks for posting.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:46:47 pm by osage outlaw »

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2017, 04:39:38 pm »
Thanks Double O. The inner tube patch tool makes a lot of since. After WWI He worked in the Anderson Car plant in our town. Coarse it went to making other things during WWII. He started working on cars after that. Lots of cool old tools back in the day of old Fords. The man always owned a Buick. Go figure. I don't remember when I got the Norlund hatchet but I have had it since I remember. It has a cool sheath with Norlund embossed on it. The cross pen does not have a maker mark or anything still on it. I will make a handle for it next project. You don't know anything about the Custonite Hammer do ya? It is bronze or copper and has a Pat. Pend. and RG 300 on it.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2017, 05:11:07 pm »
I did some quick research on the brass hammer.  Looks like they still make them but under a different name.

Flex-Flo brass hammers last longer with greater economy and safety. They are made with a saw tooth hollow head, eliminating mushrooming. This unique head design allows it to keep it's dimensional stability, shape and balance. Cast heads are made with 85-5-5-5 brass and are pinned to genuine hickory handles. These are the old CUSTANITE brand hammers.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2017, 06:30:08 pm »
Thanks for the info.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2017, 09:38:49 pm »
No problem.  I enjoy looking up old tools. 

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2017, 09:13:27 pm »
Here is the steer hide that I saw for sale.  I really wanted to buy it but didn't have the extra money and couldn't think of what I would do with it.  It sure looked cool though.

This burl followed me home from the creek today.  I think its red oak but I'm not sure.  It will follow stringman home from the Classic.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2017, 09:38:20 pm »
I like that cow hide too. really like that old coffee bean grinders below the hide.