Author Topic: Fred Arnold 2017 Bow Trade, Pictures Please, housekeeping issues  (Read 151787 times)

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Quick reminder that anyone interested in the reserves and extra bows random draw needs to put their name forward by the end of tomorrow (Tuesday 31st October)  :) :D ;D ;)

Offline DuBois

Congrats to ya Kyle!
I'm wanting to see some pics.

I'm also curious where that bow Dakota Kid made is now??

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

How many reserves are we up to now? I'll get some pics up as soon as I can. I've been crazy busy compared to normal. I should get them up while waiting at the eye doctor waiting room.

Kyle

Offline DuBois

Hey Stuck, your mailbox is full.

Kyle, how is the eye situation?

Offline Greenriverwoodcraft

Re: Fred Arnold 2017 Bow Trade, random draw entries needed please
« Reply #754 on: October 30, 2017, 08:37:45 am »
I’m interested in the reserves and drawing but I don’t have anything to pitch in right now.... how does it work? Do I need to donate another bow to be eligible?

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #755 on: October 30, 2017, 09:02:34 am »
OK, so I envisaged this as a way of getting a little extra from the Trade - lots of us built two or three bows (or more) over the Summer - and the Reserves will have built Trade bows with no-one to send them to - so, this is a completely random draw, everyone is right-handed, everyone is a similar draw weight, so all the bows built with the Trade in mind will suit everyone involved.  My only caveat is that if I draw you the same victim as you had in the main Trade, I will re-draw you, and, if you can't ship US to Canada (or vice-versa) you'll need to let me know; you do have to enter a bow to be eligible, but, having seen Greenriver's work I am sure his victim would have no problem with him entering an intention to build and ship.

So far, three of y'all have messaged me to say you might be interested.

I have cleared some space in my inbox  ;)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 05:57:49 pm by stuckinthemud »

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #756 on: October 30, 2017, 11:33:21 am »
Revision - if someone wants to enter the random draw and has a spec outside the average - draw weight/hand/draw length - I have capacity to accommodate them, also, if you have a bow you are nearly finished building I don't see a problem entering
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:37:39 pm by stuckinthemud »

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #757 on: October 30, 2017, 11:42:23 am »
The eyes healing. Just had a checkup today, I've got two more laser surgeries and a new contact fitting. The first laser surgery isn't until the beginning of the year. To remove some scar tissue and clear up the picture a bit more.
I've gotta get a hand drawn picture of the bow I'll be putting in. I put up a tiller tree full draw a while ago. It's on the higher end of the draw weight pulling 65# at 27", shoots well though.

Kyle

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #758 on: October 30, 2017, 12:17:51 pm »
Pat is nearly done, just fine tuning for weight.  I've seen the bow at brace, and you know what, y'all gonna have to beg real hard before I post that picture cos the bow is SWEEET ! >:D

Offline cabinetbowguy

« Reply #759 on: October 30, 2017, 03:15:15 pm »
Im just now getting to put up pics of the bow i recevied from tatoo dave .. its a heck of a shooter havent had time to take it out hunting this year yet hopefully  time lets me :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 04:11:44 pm by cabinetbowguy »
Amen

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #760 on: October 30, 2017, 03:31:01 pm »
My better half just announced she's booked a family holiday leaving Wednesday first thing, returning Sunday night, so I won't be able to draw randoms until Monday next week, apologies for the delay, but I guess it gives you an extra few days to think about entering

Offline bushboy

« Reply #761 on: October 31, 2017, 05:44:49 am »
Sweet looking bow CBG!nice work TD!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #762 on: October 31, 2017, 01:47:13 pm »
Sorry it took a few days to post pictures. I'm horrible about delegating time to do that.

Kyke

Offline bushboy

« Reply #763 on: November 03, 2017, 10:43:51 am »
Well,looks like I'm starting a gaur collection's. I'm a lucky guy to receive one two years in a row!thank's randy,it's beautiful!will get some action shot's this weekend.now I have two snake skinned osage take down's!i couldn't be happier!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline Gaur

« Reply #764 on: November 03, 2017, 06:45:32 pm »
Glad it made it.  Ones for your wife !
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2