Author Topic: London  (Read 3378 times)

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
London
« on: March 23, 2017, 06:32:09 am »
More futile terrorism, dunno why they bother.
London survived the blitz and Hitlers V1 and V2 terror weapons and that guy really knew how to terrorise.
Back in 7/7/2005 (London bombings) I was driving down the M11 motorway towards London and the overhead signs said "LONDON CLOSED"  :o
That was a bit chilling, but I was only going to the outskirts anyway, so I simply kept calm and carried on... ok, I did put the radio on.
In contexts with the deaths and personal tragedies that happen everyday around the world it's just a drop in the ocean, but our thoughts go out to those who have been effected by this stupidity, especially the unarmed policeman who was stabbed and died. We are fortunate the terrorist didn't have access to firearms.
Del
(Admins, I hope this post is ok, if not please delete).
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: London
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 07:13:51 am »
Here's to the good guys and gals fighting the bad guys wherever they are Del. It would be a sad world with out them. Here's to their loved ones who know the true cost of freedom and the sacrifices made to keep it. If that gets deleted I don't want to be here anymore, but somehow I don't think it will.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 09:31:39 am »
I wonder how they feel when they go for their 27 virgins. Disappointed I bet. You don't mess around with the British Bobbies.  :OK
Sorry for the loss of life and wishing a speed recovery for those injured. Democracy has been around for too long and is too ensconced for someone like this to think they can destroy it.

Discussions yes but no religion or politics please!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Del the cat

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 10:15:20 am »
I wonder how they feel when they go for their 27 virgins. Disappointed I bet. You don't mess around with the British Bobbies.  :OK
Sorry for the loss of life and wishing a speed recovery for those injured. Democracy has been around for too long and is too ensconced for someone like this to think they can destroy it.

Discussions yes but no religion or politics please!
Cheers Pat :)
I thought I'd just mention it as some people have a vague definition of politics... even vaguer than the definition of ELB  ;)
Del

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 10:18:41 am »
Been seeing that on the news too.You take care there Del.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 10:25:02 am »
Del, my last line was not aimed at you but other here.  ;)
We and our Brit brothers and sisters stand together.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Ruddy Darter

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 11:21:04 am »
Thoughts and prayers to those who've lost love ones and deepest respect to the fallen P.C., never can quite get my head around these barbarous acts.
( I don't feel these clowns represent or count as any true religion, so I reckon this post is safe  ::))
 R.D.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 07:32:04 pm »
This crap is so senseless. But I've never understood why you have unarmed Policeman.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bubby

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 07:57:55 pm »
This crap is so senseless. But I've never understood why you have unarmed Policeman.

Makes you rhink doesn't it
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline chamookman

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 04:15:05 am »
Watch Your six Del - be safe ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Del the cat

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 04:21:56 am »
There are more and more armed police these days, in the cities at railway stations, airports, and parliament... It was unlucky that the one who got stabbed was unarmed, he was prob one that interfaces with the general public and is the face of the "friendly London bobby" who will help you if you are lost.
It's a balance, there are few guns on the street over here... just think if that nutter had access to an assault rifle, it would have been much worse... probably.
Del

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 04:37:27 am »
Crazy world we live in for sure, sorry for all the loss of life, maybe someday they will see we aren't going to give up and lay down and stop doing this this crazy stuff, probable not but we can always hope.
Glad you are safe Del. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline willie

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 02:47:05 pm »
didn't have access to firearms.......had access to an assault rifle........

Just saying, Del. comments like these could be considered political by some, at least on our side of the pond.

Seems like your General Gage tried to enforce similar ideas on fellow English men here in America, thus creating "Rebels", and consequently, "Americans" . Things haven't been the same since, and this subject is still strongly debated in politics here.

An interesting read from the post Nazi era, "The True Believer", by Eric Hoffer, may help answer the   "More futile terrorism, dunno why they bother."  question.

Offline FilipT

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 07:15:38 am »
Pat B, its 72 virgins not just 27 haha.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 09:17:24 am »
just think if that nutter had access to an assault rifle, it would have been much worse... probably.
Del

Yes but he had the next best thing, an automobile.....
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com