Author Topic: kitchen bending jigs?  (Read 3918 times)

mikekeswick

Re: kitchen bending jigs?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 03:02:26 am »
Or just buy a gas stove and do it all in the workshop.

Online chamookman

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2017, 03:14:51 am »
Garage sale Coleman stoves are dime a dozen ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline k-hat

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 11:29:27 pm »
I just wait til the wife's not home and bring all my crap to the kitchen.  No problem at all  >:D ;D

That was my tactic before I got a decent workshop :) I only got caught once when I forgot to empty the yellow sage water out of a fancy pan......err I was cooking....err yellow stuff....honest :)

Haha same happened to me, doggone yeller water! 

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2017, 11:40:03 pm »
 I steamed green osage in the kitchen ONCE. Steam condensed on the walls and left yellow streaks where the droplets ran down. Wife wasnt a bit pleased :o.
Steve Bennett

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2017, 10:16:27 am »
I have a 10-15 second jog from the kitchen to my shop. If I'm bending in recurves I just wrap the area with a towel to conserve heat. Never had an issue.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2017, 12:02:03 pm »
I got this little steamer at an estate sale, paid $7 for it and 2 crock pots for sinewing, a year or so back i got this plastic tubing for steaming but didnt think it would steam long enough to bend anything.  These are belly slats but they bent like butter in about 2 mins but i steamed them for 5, worked great and i know it will work on a selfbow
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline DC

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2017, 12:37:52 pm »
Bubby, do you leave it cool in the bag or cut it off?  I use any old bread bag so I cut it off and aim a fan at it.

Offline bubby

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2017, 02:06:47 pm »
Dc once it cooled i cut the bag open
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Ballasted_Bowyer

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017, 03:28:53 pm »
I use a pot on the stove with a cotton towel as a tunnel and set my jig on a couple chairs. I usually get a small token of annoyance but the chairs are in bad shape already from having four boys. She doesn't like it if I set the towel on fire though.
Acts 10:12-13  "It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. Then a voice told him, 'Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.'"