Author Topic: 1000th post  (Read 3304 times)

Offline jeffp51

1000th post
« on: April 13, 2017, 01:53:48 pm »
When I started coming to this website, I sort of used post numbers to gauge who knew what they were talking about and who didn't.  1000 posts meant you were pretty experienced and possibly trustworthy in your advice.  I never thought I would be around this forum long enough to reach 1000 posts.  I guess I want to thank all of you for making me feel welcome and giving me a home on the web. I did not think I would have much in common with a bunch of redneck hunters and good ol' boys (I hope that doesn't offend anyone).  What I found was a really divers bunch of people from all over the world  who all value beautiful workmanship, and eye for detail and true craftsmanship -- especially if done the "hard" way.  More important, the people here value treating each other well, mutual respect, and tolerance for differences--all of which are so rare otherwise.

In a lot of ways I still feel like a noob with a lot to learn,  but I really appreciate  the time and the help from so many here on this forum.  I hope to be around for another 1000 posts. Thank you to all of you.  I would love to hear what you think makes this place work.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: 1000th post
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 01:59:37 pm »
First off, don't base knowledge levels from post counts :) :) :) :)

"What I found was a really divers bunch of people from all over the world  who all value beautiful workmanship, and eye for detail and true craftsmanship -- especially if done the "hard" way.  More important, the people here value treating each other well, mutual respect, and tolerance for differences--all of which are so rare otherwise."

Your statement above is how I feel as well. Plus, meeting so many of these hosers in person has made a huge impact on my life and has gained me dozens of true friends. Its well beyond archery now.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 03:36:34 pm »
Well said Jeff. :) It's good to know that folks can share so much
and be appreciative of each other. I have learned a lot and continue
to learn from our generous members. :)
Congrats, Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 04:03:16 pm »
Only 1000?  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 06:08:31 pm »
When I started coming to this website, I sort of used post numbers to gauge who knew what they were talking about and who didn't.  1000 posts meant you were pretty experienced and possibly trustworthy in your advice.  I never thought I would be around this forum long enough to reach 1000 posts.  I guess I want to thank all of you for making me feel welcome and giving me a home on the web. I did not think I would have much in common with a bunch of redneck hunters and good ol' boys (I hope that doesn't offend anyone).  What I found was a really divers bunch of people from all over the world  who all value beautiful workmanship, and eye for detail and true craftsmanship -- especially if done the "hard" way.  More important, the people here value treating each other well, mutual respect, and tolerance for differences--all of which are so rare otherwise.

In a lot of ways I still feel like a noob with a lot to learn,  but I really appreciate  the time and the help from so many here on this forum.  I hope to be around for another 1000 posts. Thank you to all of you.  I would love to hear what you think makes this place work.

Well that's interesting.  I use post count to tell how chatty a person is
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 06:10:58 pm »
Jeff, I agree with you about all the great people on here.  I have found everyone to be great and some of the best craftsman around (you included). I find inspiration from this site.

I have not reached 1,000 posts yet.  Maybe I will be able to join you sometime in the future. 

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 08:10:31 pm »
I learned pretty quickly that posts do not equal knowledge--I am probably just chatty like Marc says--but that was how I looked at it at first.  However, I do really enjoy this community, and I am glad you all let me be a part of it.

Offline bubby

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 08:56:15 pm »
I guess Patb is just a real chatty cathy eh Mark
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 09:26:57 pm »
At 2638 in just a little over a year I guess I'm just plain a blabber mouth lol.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 04:08:38 am »
 Congrats and Glad you stuck around, great bunch of folks here for sure and as Pearl said I have meet some of my very best friends here. :) Guess I am chatty also Marc. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 07:06:40 am »
Well, compared to Pat and pappy, I'm only half-chatty at 12,000. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 07:53:23 am »
At 2638 in just a little over a year I guess I'm just plain a blabber mouth lol.
Bjrogg

Does that make me tight lipped  :D
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 08:22:08 am »
Bjrogg

Does that make me tight lipped  :D
Marc I think it's probably more that when you post something it's worth reading
Bjrogg

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2017, 10:47:25 am »
Well, thanks BJ.  ::)  I'm more of a peeping tom than a chatty cathy.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2017, 11:45:13 am »
It takes all kinds Pat. Once I get comfortable I can be hard to shout up.lol.
Bjrogg