Author Topic: Deep Roots. Finished up and hunting  (Read 11222 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Deep Roots. Finished up and hunting
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2017, 11:03:39 am »
Thanks Aaron, Thanks Hawkdancer, my cousin went home without any venison but with a strong desire to come back and try it again. He surprised me at how hard he actually hunted and I'm pretty proud of him. I know a few other guys that where going to go the traditional route that just couldn't do it when hunting season came. It's like Clay Hayes say, "You've just gotta be willing to watch that trophy buck walk away just out of range". My cousin learned a lot this year about hunting this style and hunting in general. I think the most important thing he learned was that it's not easy but it isn't impossible either. He knows how it feels now to wait for that animal to walk past you at extremely close range. He knows how it feels to try to draw your bow when it would be easier to throw a stone at them. He knows how exciting it can be and he knows he wants to try it again. I have another buddy that hunted with his Selfbow to. He also really enjoyed it, I'm hoping he can experience these feelings to. Shotgun season ended here now it's muzzleloader season. The deer on my property have all gone nocturnal but I'm hoping that between a little less pressure and the colder temperatures that are coming I can still fill my tag. It's gonna be difficult though. I have no regrets. I very much enjoyed my hunting season this year. I'd put it right up there with the best ever. It's still not over so maybe just maybe.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2017, 11:13:44 am »
Very Nice!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2017, 12:05:22 pm »
Thanks Gutshot, I have several bows I'm pretty attached to. This is one of them. I'm really happy my cousin feels the same way about it.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise